• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Q102 Celebrates 35th Birthday

On Thursday 1/18/2024 Q102 will celebrate with more "birthday presents" and audio clips as they've been doing this week.

We're in the eye of another Cruddy Storm

What the Hell.

We're Waterproof

The Renegade Radio Station

Reaches the Beaches

and Rocks The Shores

When I first read that, I swore it was wrong and that WIOQ went top-40 in 1989. Took a minute to realize 1989 was, in fact, 35 years ago!

I remember WIOQ launching with the Dance-intensive Rhythmic Top 40 direction before shifting to the current Top 40/CHR presentation.
I was an Eagle 106 kid, through and through. I hated Q102, and I clearly remember that when I was forced to listen to it, it angered me that they were playing the songs faster than the artist/producer intended. I really resented them for flipping Eagle, but I ended up enjoying Smooth Jazz until the day I really resented them for flipping that!

Ah. I've not traded with Rich before.
But I did get the entire day of their Birthday.
Q has been pitching up the music for quite a while now.

Ah. I've not traded with Rich before.
But I did get the entire day of their Birthday.
Q has been pitching up the music for quite a while now.
From that air check, it sounds like they’ve been pitching up since day one. Sounds particularly obvious to me with the “Straight Up” intro.

Back
Top Bottom