• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Promotions for Satellite based stations

I

into_radio

What methods of executing promotions work best with totally satellite automated stations? We do promos to goto our website and win, and we work with merchants and clients to do contests. What else can we do?

> What methods of executing promotions work best with totally
> satellite automated stations? We do promos to goto our
> website and win, and we work with merchants and clients to
> do contests. What else can we do?
>
i would say try to get the listeners more involved with the station. i know its difficult to actually interect with the listeners considering you are probably broadcasting to a very large audience. so i would say if you have the technology, try doing call-ins, get some cds out and make them feel like you are not just a big station, but more of a local feel.
hope this helps!

> What methods of executing promotions work best with totally
> satellite automated stations? We do promos to goto our
> website and win, and we work with merchants and clients to
> do contests. What else can we do?
>

Find out where your base listeners are or partner up with performances/concerts that are related to your station's genre and set up an appearance there.

That's probably the best thing to do is promote concerts on your station and appear at them.<P ID="signature">______________
<font color=blue>SPINFM SATURDAYS JUST GOT BETTER!</font>
Shawn Tempesta, Weekend Top 20 and The Tommy West After Show
www.spinfm.com</P>

It sounds to me like you are talking about "after midnite" with blair garner, on the country outlets nationwide syndication......if this is true then you already have a huge following, keep directing them to the website and having national contests, concert flyaways, and local regional drops and stuff.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom