• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Programmer Buddy Scott passes

Huff

Administrator
Staff member
As posted by his wife:
It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I share Buddy Scott (aka Buddy Kincer) passed away peacefully this morning surrounded by his wife Yvette, and his three children Shalah, Buddy and Jack. As you can imagine we are devastated. Buddy was and always will be an amazing husband, dad, grandfather, sibling and friend to all who had the honor to know him. During his many successful years in radio he made hundreds of friends and helped so many achieve success.
Please say a prayer for Buddy that he find peace and that his light continue to shine.
Until we meet again Buddy Boy
❤️

A post from Buddy several years ago on the WAKY/Louisville tribute site, where he started doing overnights in 1967, recalling his own resume:
"I was so proud to be working there [WAKY]. (Actually my talent wasn't that good. My old airchecks are painful.) But the station was great!
"I was hired by Bill Crisp. When I was there we were in the Kentucky Home Life Building. I started doing overnights, then moved to PM drive for a short few months before I left to go to Oklahoma City.
"After leaving Louisville, I jocked at KOMA in Oklahoma City, KRUX in Phoenix, WIFE in Indianapolis, KCBS-FM in San Francisco, WKRQ in Cincinnati...and programmed in Evansville, Dayton, Columbus, Milwaukee, Chicago
[flipped WBBM-FM to CHR in 1982, and later programmed WUSN], Louisville (KISS 104), and Pittsburgh before I became Senior VP of Programming for what used to be called SFX (which became Capstar, AM-FM and Clear Channel.)

Back
Top Bottom