• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Predictions: WPLJ, Will Todd be back in new year?

His main supporters, the dickey brothers, are gone. he's probably the highest salary they have going over there as one of the longer lasting employees.. next to race and monk. So, do you think he'll just quietly exit? or stick around one more year?

It's kind of sad to see how his career turned out. and how his great turn coat adventure, the Todd Show, barely lasted 6 months before the changes and firings started. now he and annie are all that is left from that venture of about 6 new young fresh faces. the latest of which, the web girl sheila I think her name was, got canned a few months back.

nash just announce someone new coming to their morning show over on FB, curious if PLJ will do the same thing.

as far as the current state of the morning show goes now.....it's not my cup of tea. they basically worship the kardashians (with that one girl annie saying 'we can learn alot from them)....that jayde lady is a bit out of control and high energy. Todd is so grumpy he hardly says anything unless his mood is good. he usually just sits back and lets the two women go at it. it's not a fun show atmoshpere..yet, people seem to like it and tune in anyway. most probably out of habit...

so, what are your predictions?

nash just announce someone new coming to their morning show over on FB, curious if PLJ will do the same thing.

Just to clarify, Kelly Ford from afternoons at Nash, is moving to the syndicated morning show as co-host with Blair Garner.

At PLJ, I think the host status is less important than the format, which still seems to be evolving.

Just to clarify, Kelly Ford from afternoons at Nash, is moving to the syndicated morning show as co-host with Blair Garner.

At PLJ, I think the host status is less important than the format, which still seems to be evolving.

ahh, ok. I don't think the post I saw mentioned that part of it, just that she was moving to mornings ;o).

heh, there is a post on the dentist board about PLJ too. just how badly ARE they doing these days? the station sounds like a train wreck, and their only known DJ's left really are todd and race. race being the only good one.

The NYRMB says WPLJ might go Soft AC. This might be the right move for them being that they have not done well in years.

The NYRMB says WPLJ might go Soft AC. This might be the right move for them being that they have not done well in years.

Read it again. That's not really what they are saying. Someone simply mentioned that Cumulus transitioned some of it's other stations to a soft AC format, and someone asked if PLJ could flip. There is really nothing suggesting that they will flip.

Read it again. That's not really what they are saying. Someone simply mentioned that Cumulus transitioned some of it's other stations to a soft AC format, and someone asked if PLJ could flip. There is really nothing suggesting that they will flip.

I would suggest they just get rid of everybody and let race voice track the whole thing. looking up some of their DJ's...one guys claim to fame is that he was a extra in IIRC, a semi popular movie.

If that's what you've got for talent, better off saving money. PLJ's glory days are over thanks to companies buying everything up. you keep anyone around from those glory days, you won't be able to move forward

Scott's show is the last thing standing from what radio used to and could be if anyone really gave a damn about trying something fun.

Not likely. The market demographics don't support it. Better to tweak the existing format.

There are too many stations playing the same music. PLJ can tweak all it wants but its brand is stale and its competitors are really strong. Is the audience really going to notice tweaks on a station they stopped listening to? Not saying PLJ can't climb back but it's not going to be a quick or easy or inexpensive fix.

Gonna ask a question that concerns PLJ, it's a little offtopic but still... Been to NYC this weekend and listened to this station. Is it only me or it sounds, let's say, not so very well... I mean the audio quality.

There are too many stations playing the same music. PLJ can tweak all it wants but its brand is stale and its competitors are really strong. Is the audience really going to notice tweaks on a station they stopped listening to? Not saying PLJ can't climb back but it's not going to be a quick or easy or inexpensive fix.

Even still, rock or alternative are not proven sellers in the NY marketplace, hence why there isn't an existing rock or alternative station. WRXP did OK in ratings, but IIRC, its billings were subpar. Those are the things that matter to the suits who are paying the bills :)

Even still, rock or alternative are not proven sellers in the NY marketplace, hence why there isn't an existing rock or alternative station. WRXP did OK in ratings, but IIRC, its billings were subpar. Those are the things that matter to the suits who are paying the bills :)

i'm one of those people that are amazed commercials still sell things at all...radio commercials used to be funny and use real voice actors to sell their stuff. now they don't even try to make it interesting, or just stick a bland PSA in there.

well, I listened to a bit of their year end. they mentioned two weeks break.....so they might be back in the new year sadly.
But, if there is one thing I learned paying attention to radio over the years, sometimes management doesn't tell you if you get canned.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom