• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Predictions for 103.7 NoLa and 104.1 BR

Doesn’t max 94.1 do extremely well in BR?
Like in New Orleans with WQUE and WYLD, WEMX and KQXL usually lead in Baton Rouge, followed by WFMF. iHeart might see some benefit in trying to nip at the leaders by bringing in another hip-hop or R&B station, gaining some audience or at least splitting the audience a bit to allow WFMF to possibly break into the top 2.

Also of note: The Breakfast Club and Steve Harvey - both syndicated by Premiere - are not cleared in Baton Rouge.

Last edited:
Like in New Orleans with WQUE and WYLD, WEMX and KQXL usually lead in Baton Rouge, followed by WFMF. iHeart might see some benefit in trying to nip at the leaders by bringing in another hip-hop or R&B station, gaining some audience or at least splitting the audience a bit to allow WFMF to possibly break into the top 2.

Also of note: The Breakfast Club and Steve Harvey - both syndicated by Premiere - are not cleared in Baton Rouge.
This also is currently happening in New Orleans, with KMEZ chipping into WYLD’s ratings because they are both Urban ACs

I’m sure tropos would bring it in strong to BR most nights if the translator was off.
Troposphere brings 98.7 from Alex way down here along the coast. 96.9 fights with KCIL, and 93.1 comes in like a local. Have on numerous occasions seen KRRV HD signal overtake the KLRZ analog signal on HD radios here (both are on 100.3)

Troposphere brings 98.7 from Alex way down here along the coast. 96.9 fights with KCIL, and 93.1 comes in like a local. Have on numerous occasions seen KRRV HD signal overtake the KLRZ analog signal on HD radios here (both are on 100.3)
98.7 is pretty common where I live just north of Houston. I’ve also had KRRV HD over my local KILT HD a few times. I’ve also had that 93.1 HD here and in Baton Rouge. That 96.9 is pretty rare for me because KXBJ is always blasting in.

Usually owners don't put talk radio formats on FM since they skew old. But in nearby New Orleans, iHeart has talk on 99.5 WRNO. So maybe it will flip 104.1 to WJBO's talk format for Baton Rouge. Actually there's a small FM talk station in the market already, 107.3 WBRP.

Then the company can use 1150 and its 98.7 translator for maybe an Urban or Urban AC format. Two Cumulus stations, Urban AC KQXL and Urban WEMX, are #1 and #2 in the Baton Rouge ratings.
Or they might use the AM and translator for iHM’s Black Information Network since Baton Rouge has a a big African American population, hence why 106.5 and 94.1 do so well in the ratings.

Without a doubt a new Urban! iHM has been more invested in new Urban outlets vs Urban AC.

The Breakfast Club for mornings , Angela Yee for middays possible local afternoons and nights and of course voice tracked all other times of the day. There you have it!

It makes sense. If i were ihm i would’ve done this years ago. Louisiana has a lot of loyal radio listenership still. Which is amazing to see

KVDU is still playinc Christmas music.
I thought the christmas music until new years was just a gimmick that iHeart did for all of their AC stations but everyone stopped before new years except KVDU. How long do yall think it will be before they move to their Baton Rouge tower?

I thought the christmas music until new years was just a gimmick that iHeart did for all of their AC stations but everyone stopped before new years except KVDU. How long do yall think it will be before they move to their Baton Rouge tower?
Update: KVDU is back to their normal playlist

Back to normal Playlist on NYD not mentioning New Orleans even in sweepers but COL running as Gonzales even though they don't even have a 50 dbu signal there. Waiting on someone to complain and force I hearts hand .

Interesting they both continued playing it that long after Christmas. WMXL (Lexington, KY) has always gone back to normal format at the stroke of midnight on the 26th and they are an iHeart station. KRVE used to do this as well if memory serves me right.

Interesting they both continued playing it that long after Christmas. WMXL (Lexington, KY) has always gone back to normal format at the stroke of midnight on the 26th and they are an iHeart station. KRVE used to do this as well if memory serves me right.
KRVE stayed all-Christmas through NYD. I monitored a number of iHeart stations to see when they would switch back to regular programming and KRVE went for the long haul.

Construction permit expires 7/2025. They may take their time moving, since the New Orleans auxiliary site they are using now will go away when the Baton Rouge site is built. Just a guess on my part, but it probably won't happen until the WFFX construction permit is built out and operating.

Construction permit expires 7/2025. They may take their time moving, since the New Orleans auxiliary site they are using now will go away when the Baton Rouge site is built. Just a guess on my part, but it probably won't happen until the WFFX construction permit is built out and operating.
Isn't WFFX just a matter of adding appropriate filters to the antenna combiner at the Chalmette site? It seems they are going to use the existing antenna.

Isn't WFFX just a matter of adding appropriate filters to the antenna combiner at the Chalmette site? It seems they are going to use the existing antenna.
I thought the move it was just that, take 104.1 off air, change or increase power and retune the combiner and run it from there?
Cause I'm surprised Mike Costello hasn't lodged a complaint with FCC yet on the short spacing of 104.1 now they are advertising as Gonzales on TOH for last few months .

Back
Top Bottom