• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Possible Exciting News For Montgomery Alabama And...

K-Love may soon have a home in Montgomery Alabama at 107.9 FM. 

Read on another web site, that this may soon happen. 

If it does, I'll be one happy camper. 

And...if it does happen, this won't detour my plans at all. 

Still have them in place to bring a LPFM live and local CCM station to my own hometown too.

R.D.P. <><

P.S. Stay tuned and I'll keep you posted on these events. 

Thanks for getting me excited EJM.

I hope K-Love does well, in the Gump, once they hit the airwaves.

R.D.P. <><

I want K-Love and Air1 to go away and be replaced by good live and local. I want their translators to go away unless they are translating on air stations. Meaning no Satellite Dishes. I love good CCM, but I want live and local.

You sir are in luck.

My radio station will be all local all the time, since the rules for a LPFM station state it outright.

Plan on doing things that no one else is doing.

Have those ideas forming in my head and want to run with them.

Stay tuned and I'll let you know what I intend to do, once everything falls into place.

R.D.P. <><

I'd like to know, as well! What's happened in the past 6 months? :)
(6 months to the day, in fact!) ;)

If you're talking about K-Love Montgomery, they've been on since last year.

If you're taking about me, I'm still working on my LPFM project.

May even let you come and help me run it.

Plan on playing songs for the young, middle aged and older folks.

That's the way I want to do it.

R.D.P. <><

R.D.P. said:
Plan on playing songs for the young, middle aged and older folks.

That's the way I want to do it.

R.D.P. <><

Good luck -- You won't hold an audience if you play a mix of music targeting every age group .. the kids will turn out during the older folk music and older folk wont listen to the younger stuff in most cases.

xmusicmatt said:
Good luck -- You won't hold an audience if you play a mix of music targeting every age group .. the kids will turn out during the older folk music and older folk wont listen to the younger stuff in most cases.

That's very true! Far better to find a need that isn't being met, and start working toward meeting that need. :) If that need is youth-oriented music, then pursue it. Just be aware that without special effort to raise support, such formats struggle, and many stations don't survive.

Now, if GOD is in this, he WILL provide! Lots of prayer is required, regardless. :)

Is way in B'ham, yet?.. I think they've been approved for something, there...

89.9 FM fron what I've heard.

This translator is doing a rebroadcast of WBHJ HD-2, which carries the program too.

Hope this helps.

R.D.P. <><

Bob Augsburg had said something about doing there, what Evansville is doing... Just south of Dead Center in B'ham on the charts... Good 54dBU coverage in the burbs....And, yes! Renting and HD and such bring local possibilities, as a audience grows! Not, just a repeater or network from the hub, 24/7... If you get involved in the community, it will grow to its niche...

skippertthomas said:
Bob Augsburg had said something about doing there, what Evansville is doing... Just south of Dead Center in B'ham on the charts... Good 54dBU coverage in the burbs....And, yes! Renting and HD and such bring local possibilities, as a audience grows! Not, just a repeater or network from the hub, 24/7... If you get involved in the community, it will grow to its niche...

Currently it's airing the Network lineup but I am sure once support grows there will be local inserts etc. I know the Way team is excited to be in Bham'

Best group I have ever had the privilege to work for... After being away from the family for 17.5 years, we still have a bond that will never be broken..... :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom