• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pitched up

Anyone noticing pitched up tracks on Radio Now? I heard a couple and the one the really annoyed me was Toxic - Britney Spears. She sounds like a chipmunk on helium. So add in the digital pitch shifting and the artifacts it added to the grungy processing and it's pretty annoying to listen to.

For the record I don't really mind slightly pitching up a track but there is a limit.

Also

Katy Perry - Dark Horse is a grungy distorted mess on 101.9 also.

Let's loose all the composite clipping Clear Channel.

With today's software technology, you can alter tempo without altering pitch.

R

Robert they have done both things on the file and its still not in the original key... It's pitched way up and then corrected down some (not to the original key) and still sounds like chipmunks... of course it sounds like crap also because the process of putting shift it back down some makes it sound horrible.

Heard the Katy Perry on FM100 and it sounded much better. Still not stellar but it doesn't distort on FM100. Too much composite clipping on Radio Now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom