• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Piers Morgan Quits 'Good Morning Britain' Following Meghan Markle Comments

Piers Morgan is leaving his Good Morning Britain breakfast news show on U.K. network ITV.

In a somewhat fast-paced turn of events, the news was announced just an hour after it was revealed that broadcasting regulator Ofcom was investigating the host following comments he made about Meghan Markle on Monday's episode. More than 41,000 people complained.

"Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain," ITV said in a short statement. "ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add."

Morgan faced widespread condemnation on Monday after his one-man tirade against Prince Harry and Markle in a show that was almost entirely dedicated to their explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey. His most contentious comments were those made in reaction to Markle's claims about her own mental health, disputing her story about feeling suicidal and turning to the Palace for support, only to be turned down.

All of this makes me quite pleased with the fact that we don't have our own royals in the US.

Although, for a while, we did have Queen Oprah. I'll take that over stuffy hereditary royalty always!

I found him insufferable on CNN when he took Larry King's timeslot. Never understood how his schtick worked in Britain.

I'll take a wild guess and say he would have left no matter what the first speaker had said. This looked like a plan.

After this happened.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom