• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Picking Up Springfield TV stations in Hartford CT

Just of out curiosity, is it hard to easy to picked up Springfield TV stations in Hartford CT or the surrounding area. The distance between Hartford CT and Springfield MA is only 27 miles. Can you pick up WWLP 22, WGCB 40, and WGBY 57?
I know it's easy for Springfield to pick up Hartford TV stations, except for WTNH ABC 8 since their tower is closer to New Haven what about the other way?

I usually get the following TV channels from a location within a stones throw from Wesleyan University in Middletown CT (Main Stations Listed, with total number of channel services listed)

10 WTNH (4)
12 WWLP (4)
20 WCCT (4)
22 WGBY (4) ON RARE OCCASIONS
31 WTIC (4)
32 WRNT (3)
33 WFSB (4)
35 WVIT (4)
40 WGGB (2) ALSO A LITTLE RARE
45 WEDH (3)

Nowhere near what used to be common for me in the analog days where all of Springfield was local and virtually without static, now all but WWLP are DX

In Analog times, I also got most stations in the following markets at good signal levels and pretty much clear after sundown:
NYC, Boston, Providence with a semi-good signal from Albany, Burlington, Manchester NH, Portland ME, New Jersey, Philladelphia, and complete DX was just beyond that.

I haven't had skip conditions since digital, but in the past I'd get some ducting in good conditions that would travel north to south at somewhere in the 1500 mile range? (I dunno, how far away from me is KOTV 6 Tulsa, or WPBT 2 Miami?)

I'm almost in New Haven. I used too pick all of Springfield stations here before the corrupt DTV change over.Now I dont get jack crap anymore.Even including WTNH .

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom