• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Picked up 750 WQOR Olyphant PA in NE Mass

Around 5 pm I was picking up a religious station (EWTN Radio) that ID-ed as WQOR, while on Rt 128
north of Boston. The station is from a town just outside Scranton PA.

I think it's the time of the year as the sun gets lower, we're starting hearing distant AM stations around 3:30 or 4 pm along the east coast. I started hearing NYC's blowtorches 710, 660, 880, and some other stations here in VA that I'm normally don't hear during daytime, starting around 3:30. I don't know if this "late afternoon DX" also occurs down south, but in west central Oregon I started hearing Sacramento's 50 kW blowtorch KFBK 1530 around 3 pm PST and it sounded almost like a local station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom