• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phone and email SPAM and SCAM alerts

Hello
I am Laura Stevens of cargo Inspection in Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta
International Airport Atlanta GA. We are rounding up for the last
Quarter of auditing of all abandoned consignment in US Airports which
are being transferred to our facilities here for inspection and
confiscation.

During scanning investigation of the consignments, I discovered an
abandoned shipment which was transferred to our facility here in
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport and when scanned, it
revealed an undisclosed sum of money in a Metal Box.

The consignment was abandoned because the content was not properly
declared by the consignee as money, rather, it was declared as personal
effect to avoid diversion by the delivery agent also the agent’s
inability to pay for Non-Inspection Fees and customs clearance tax,
storage terminal charges. On my assumption, the boxes will contain more
than $15Million-$18Million
and the consignment is still left in storage facility till today. The
Consignment is a metal box with weight of about 242LBS (Internal
dimension: W61 x H156 x D73 (cm). Effective capacity: 680
L.)Approximately.
The consignment was to be confiscated because of nonpayment of clearance
charges. I want to use my good office to clear the Consignment and
deliver it to you. if you will accept my conditions and want us to
transact this delivery for our mutual benefits.

You should provide your, Phone Number and full address to enable me
change the details on the manifest to match your details as the
beneficiary and we pay the needed clearance and have the consignment
delivered to you under our mutual trust and benefits.

All communication must be held extremely confidential. I can get
everything concluded within 24 to 48 hours upon your acceptance and
proceed to your home. But it must be on the condition that you
Will give me 60/40 of the amount contained in the boxes and i must get
assurance from you concerning my 40% before we proceed.

I want us to transact this business and share the money, since the
shipper has abandoned it and ran away. I will pay for the Non-inspection
fees and arrange for the boxes to be moved out of this bonded storage to
your address, I will share it 60% to you and 40% to me. But you have to
assure me of my 40%. Do respond to me if you are interested to conclude
this with me.
Looking forward to read from you.

Best Regards,

Laura Stevens

New summary report for Apple ID updates

Dear Customer
Your Apple ID was used from another device and from another location. We have temporarily locked your Apple ID for the protected account and the Apple community.

Connection details
Afghanistan, samedi, 12/22/2019 9:07:42 PM
Operating system: Unknown
Browser: Devices Other
To continue to benefit from our service
You should verify your identity and update your security settings to unlock your Apple ID. If today you have not verified your identity, your Apple ID will be permanently locked. To complete the process, click on the link below.
verify account

Best Regards,

Apple Support

Apple ID | Support | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2019
Apple Distribution International, Hollyhill Industtial Estate, Hollyhill, Cork, Ireland.
All Rights Reserved.

Was cleaning out my spam folder of my Yahoo email account, which I only use for online shopping and use it for my Hilton Honors Membership and Booking.Com membership. This was in the spam folder today.

USPS Office of Inspector General

postal service [email protected] <[email protected]>

Dec 27 at 12:19 PM

Greetings,

Welcome to United States postal inspection office/headquarter important notification from USPS Office of Inspector General. I wish to pass this relevant information to you regarding your CERTIFIED LETTER and COMPENSATION PAYMENT CHECK. at the US Post Office Washington DC, compensations PAYMENT CHECK that was belong to you as a beneficiary and full details was deposited to our office. Instruction to mail your COMPENSATION PAYMENT CHECK to you as the rightful beneficiary of above mentioned.

Reply to US Postal Service with all your details (Mailing Address) and wait for their response.

You’re Cell phone No
Full Names
You’re Address

They will provide you with all the details of arrival, U.S.P.S tracking number and other relevant information you need, your CERTIFIED LETTER/CHECK will be delivered to any valid address of yours, Contact US Post Office Washington DC.

Best Regard
US Post Office
Headquarter Washington DC

Mrs. Mavis L. Wanczyk <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Jan 14 at 7:31 AM

Hello; Email-Address Owner

I'm Mrs. Mavis Wanczyk, the mega winner of $758 Million in Mega Millions Jackpot, I'm donating to 5 random individuals if you get this email then your email was selected after a spin ball. I have spread most of my wealth over a number of charities and organizations. I have voluntarily decided to donate the sum of $2 Million USD to you as one of the selected 5, to verify my winnings please see my you tube page below.

WATCH ME HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kWnqvJM1mM

THIS IS YOUR DONATION CODE: [JAN2020]

Hope to make you and your family happy.

Kindly contact Mr. Thomas Martinez, via his Email.([email protected]) on how you want to receive your fund, and also send to him your informations.

YOUR FULL NAMES: ..........................
YOUR ADDRESS: ...........................
YOUR PHONE NUMBER: .......................
CELL PHONE NUMBER: .......................
SEX: ....................................
YOUR OCCUPATION: ........................
POSITION HELD: ............................

Regards,

Mrs. Mavis L. Wanczyk

Hello guys and gals ..I cant wait to see a ban on phone telemarketers altogether.Yes It wont happen. Free Trade... .I'm on the useless "Do not Call" list and still get 3 to 5 calls a day...

Mrs. Mavis L. Wanczyk <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Jan 14 at 7:31 AM

Hello; Email-Address Owner

I'm Mrs. Mavis Wanczyk, the mega winner of $758 Million in Mega Millions Jackpot, I'm donating to 5 random individuals if you get this email then your email was selected after a spin ball. I have spread most of my wealth over a number of charities and organizations. I have voluntarily decided to donate the sum of $2 Million USD to you as one of the selected 5, to verify my winnings please see my you tube page below.

WATCH ME HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kWnqvJM1mM

THIS IS YOUR DONATION CODE: [JAN2020]

Hope to make you and your family happy.

Kindly contact Mr. Thomas Martinez, via his Email.([email protected]) on how you want to receive your fund, and also send to him your informations.

YOUR FULL NAMES: ..........................
YOUR ADDRESS: ...........................
YOUR PHONE NUMBER: .......................
CELL PHONE NUMBER: .......................
SEX: ....................................
YOUR OCCUPATION: ........................
POSITION HELD: ............................

Regards,

Mrs. Mavis L. Wanczyk

Wow that one didnt even ask for any money up front haha.

With all of that personal information there was simply no reason to burden anybody with requests.

WABC-TV reports the coronavirus can also infect one's computer.

Fair use:
The coronavirus is a dream come true for criminals who are playing on fear and panic. The latest scam is phony investment opportunities to buy stock in products or services of publicly traded companies which can supposedly prevent, detect or cure the virus.

There was the official-looking email from the "CDC Health Alert Network" encouraging you to just click on the link. But once you hit it…

I just received a call from (565) 454-3434. (That number doesn't look suspicious, does it?) 565 is not a valid area code.
The woman on the other end of this very ... VERY short phone call had a pronounced foreign accent (perhaps from India).
She claimed to be from the United Government for the States of America.
HUH?
I didn't bother to listen to anything more.
I told her to quit scamming me.
I hung up the phone.

I have no idea what she wanted but I fear that others may be taken-in by these calls.
Our younger RadioDiscussions.com members might want to warn their older friends and family members about this scam.

Grumpy, crabby, short-tempered but not gullible ol' Frank

I know that I am a few years late on this, but if you have this on your cell phone if you can block callers that come up as scam likely.

Robert Danso Philips <[email protected]>
To:
Recipients

Fri, Mar 27 at 10:25 AM

To Whom It May Concern:

I am Robert Danso Philips, a Private Financial advisors located in the Republic of Ghana. Africa.

We are seriously looking for a successful Businessman, High Profile Entrepreneur or a Fund Manager that have the ability and capacity to receive Funds up to US$1.5 billion for intelligent safekeeping without been linked to the Original Fund Owner. Your rewards, benefits and compensation is unimaginable and fantastic should you find yourself competent, reliable and qualified to be part of this High Profile Transaction. If this great lifetime opportunity is meant for you, kindly confirm your acceptance by telling us who you are and what kind of business you control and thereafter we shall provide full details of this operations for your consideration.

Truly Yours,
Robert Danso Philips

I had to laugh at this craigslist rental ad. I'll get to the reason later but the description is confusing as hell. Its always the same thing
-a 2 or 3 bedroom house for dirt cheap
-one picture (usually a living room corner)
-email only
-description has some place that is nowhere near the location (like a park in Kansas in a supposed Mankato, MN ad)

here is the description
Renovated Large Single Family home has in Mankato, MN $560. 2 bedrooms one and a half baths and a first floor office. Living room, dining room, kitchen, office and powder room on the first floor. Three bedrooms and a full bath on the second floor. Unfinished basement has laundry, storage and an additional toilet (three total in the house). Detached garage for limited storage - can't park inside. Plenty of space to park on the driveway. $300 per month plus utilities.Free storage in dry basement. Very quiet building. Smoke free. Security deposit & references required. Pet Policy: 1 dog allowed, no banned breeds or dogs with bite history.Pet rent of $50/month for the first pet and $25/mon for each additional pet (if applicable). Occupied ProPerties may be applied for and rented but will not be shown. Free storage in dry basement. Very quiet building. Smoke free!!!application fee (per person 18 and over) The second floor of the Oak Heaven properties. All utilities including water and heating are paid except for electric and wifi. No smoking and NO PET Application fee is $30. Rent is $300 per month. Sec deposit. Living room, updated kitten, dinning room, 1 bath and 2 bedrooms. Our 1 bedroom is a Spacious 1525 square feet in a secured building. All 1 bedrooms include a kitchenette with a range and refrigerator provided, and baseboard heating/ air conditioning.

so wait...is it $560 or $300
a powder room? seriously?
are dogs allowed or not? (says yes at the beginning then no pets)
updated kitten?? :D
How many bedrooms does it have? First it says 5 (2 on 1st floor then 3 on 2nd) but then its a 1 bedroom???
If its a house why is it in "a secure building"?
I hope the basement is dry :D
a 1500+ square foot 1 bedroom apartment? damn

The only reason I laugh is the address they posted. The address is actually part of 3 different luxury apartment complexes owned by the same lady (I looked at those when I was going to be moving to Mankato)

I saw another one that was supposedly for rent but it was actually for sale (I have started looking at houses so it was weird to see it for rent on CL..some of the same pictures). Pretty sad when real estate agents have to put in the description "all craigslist ads are invalid"

Robert Danso Philips <[email protected]>
To:
Recipients

Fri, Mar 27 at 10:25 AM

To Whom It May Concern:

I am Robert Danso Philips, a Private Financial advisors located in the Republic of Ghana. Africa.

We are seriously looking for a successful Businessman, High Profile Entrepreneur or a Fund Manager that have the ability and capacity to receive Funds up to US$1.5 billion for intelligent safekeeping without been linked to the Original Fund Owner. Your rewards, benefits and compensation is unimaginable and fantastic should you find yourself competent, reliable and qualified to be part of this High Profile Transaction. If this great lifetime opportunity is meant for you, kindly confirm your acceptance by telling us who you are and what kind of business you control and thereafter we shall provide full details of this operations for your consideration.

Truly Yours,
Robert Danso Philips

How would they even wire transfer over a billion dollars that does not really make sense. Also if they didn’t know who you were why would they assume you were a successful businessman or high profile entrepreneur or even if you even operate any business at all. and if they were wiring that kind of money why would they wire it to someone in america where the taxes would be astronomical and not somewhere like the cayman islands. Just a stupid email to solicit someone with all around.

Hans Walton <[email protected]>
To:
Recipients

Wed, Jul 1 at 12:11 AM

COCA-COLA LOTTERY ORGANIZATION
TICKET FREE/ONLINE E-MAIL ADDRESS WINNINGS DEPARTMENT.

Greetings Winner,

Are you the correct owner of this email address? If yes then be glad this day as the result of the Coca-Cola lotto online e-mail address free-ticket winning draws of January 2020 held in the United States of America has just been released and we are glad to announce to you that your email address won you the sweepstakes in the first category and you are entitled to claim the sum of Three Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars (US$3,500,000.00). Your email address was entered for the online draw on this ticket No: 546-373-66773 and won on this Lucky No: (14)-(8)-(5)-(19)-(28)-(12)-(30).

On how to receive your won prize of US$3.5M (Three Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only); to enable us to ascertain you as the rightful winner and receiver of the US$3.5 million dollars, reply to this email and MAKE SURE you include the below-listed information in your contact email to him:

Your complete official names, country of origin and country of residence/work, contact telephone and Mobile numbers, Address, Amount won, Free Ticket and Lucky numbers, Sex, Age, Occupation and Job title.

Just in case you are thinking of how you won without entering then know again that this very draw of the Coca-Cola Lottery Organization in which you have emerged as a winner was a free ticket online email address draws where thousands of email addresses were collected from almost all worldwide websites and used for the online draws/sweepstakes and during winners selection, your email address came out among the first ten which won you the lottery in the first winnings category and entitles you to claim the US$3,500,000.00 dollars.

Yours Faithfully,
Hans Walton
COCA-COLA LOTTERY ORGANIZATION
Online Winning Notification Department

Ronald Evergreen <[email protected]>
To:
Recipients

Wed, Jul 1 at 8:28 AM

My Dear Friend,

This email is strictly confidential and if receiving it does not please you, kindly delete it and speak to nobody about it please to avoid complication. For more proof about it kindly click on the BBC News website below and read carefully to confirm every history about the death of Mr. John Shumejda.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/1742404.stm

My name is Mr. Ronald Evergreen, i work with a well-known financial house (BANK) here in London and I am the personal account officer to late Mr. John Shumejda who died in a plane crash in the year 2002 when a private jet crashed during take-off from Birmingham Airport. I had a private meeting with my late client same day before the crash and this gentleman had a plans of investing over GBP £10 Million Pounds into some venture in Dubai and make me the manager of that venture upon my retirement in some months’ time. Mr. John Shumejda is a very close friend and big client, He believed so much in me and what i advise him. I was shocked and i almost died when i head of his sudden death after some hours both of us spoke together.

A few months ago I received a MEMO from my bank as his personal account officer were i was told that since the death of Mr. John Shumejda in 2002, no one has ever come forth as his next of kin to make inquiry of his deposit with the Bank, therefore, i have been mandated to search for his next of kin and present to the bank between now and end of this month otherwise his deposited funds will be cancelled and send to the UK Government Treasury Account for confiscation. And all effort to locate any of his family members has proven unfruitful and as far as i know, Mr. Shumejda has no next of kin because he has no children and his wife also died a few years after the death of his husband because she could not bear the pains.

Therefore, i am contacting you to stand as my foreign partner to claim as next of kin to late Mr. John Shumejda so that the bank can release his deposited amounting to the sum of GBP £55,78 Million Pounds in your favor. And once the money is released into your bank account, we will share the total sum via the following ratio 45% for you as my trusted partner, 55% for me as the initiator and founder of the deal. I want to assure you that this transaction is 100% hitch free as i have everything planed out already; all you need to do is to follow my instructions as am going to present you before the bank management. If you are willing to work with me and you can be trusted, kindly send the following information as to enable me submit your application file to the bank immediately because we have from now till middle of June to move this funds out of the bank.

FULL NAME:
HOME ADDRESS:
OCCUPATION/COMPANY:
NATIONALITY:
COUNTRY OF RESIDENT:
PRIVATE PHONE NUMBER:

The time given to me by the bank is almost up and i cannot let them confiscate the account as i have told that once i fail to provide his next of kin, the Bank will turn some part of the money to the government account and the rest will be shared among the board of directors of the bank. I believe that this is my chance and a great opportunity to make the most of what life has given to me and whoever that will stand as next of kin to claim the funds.

I am currently away from work because i had to make trip to America in order to convince my directors that i have gone in search of the next of kin to Mr. John Shumejda. Your urgent respond is needed with your details. You can write me on my personal email: [email protected] or chat me on whatsapp: + 1-413-278-0914

God Bless you and your family.

Yours faithfully.
Mr. Ronald Evergreen,
Financial Consultan

Rush Limbaugh warned today that the IRS does not use email. If you get an email that looks sophisticated and scary that appears to be from them, do not click on the links!

Regarding live callers, I have had great success with this; "I'm glad to help you out, but I don't see that you're on my regular list of clients. Do you have a valid email that I can send my standard contract and rates to?" The absolute switchup of being sold to instead of breaking through resistance just shuts down their whole process; be excited to hear from them, eager to help their business succeed by subscribing to your service.
Learning a few rude phrases in Hindi, Bengali, and Urdu can go a long way to infuriating scammers while you chitchat to burn their time. Headsets are nice for running a fake conversation while one is busy with a piece of gear. Similarly, a relatively obscure language such as Hangul or Nihongo will stymie the most eager of scammers.
Answering robot/unknown calls with anything except 'Hello' and answering confirmations for your name with "How can I help you?" both minimize the chances that the computer will realize the phone has been answered. Refraining from using simple yes and no both frustrates robot switching and prevents affirmative answers from being recorded as approval for charges on your account.

I like to start the calls by saying: Thank you for your order. The number you are calling from will be billed $29.95. If you would like to change the billing number please press one.

I may have said this, but if they say, "How are you?" I say nothing. That's my usual response. This morning I was at the grocery store and I felt lousy and didn't want to go into detail. We now have crape myrtles which are pretty, but every new flower makes me miserable even if I like how they look.

In a lot of cases that makes them hang up because they think I can't hear them.

Back
Top Bottom