• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phoenix gets Free FM Jan 3rd!

A

azenergyfan

As reported on the phoenix board KZON 101.5 will be flipping to Free FM Jan3rd. I talked with the midday girl and the pm drive guy and they both confirmed it to. So far the lineup is:

Corolla
Frosty Heidi and Frank (is that right,I always get it messed up)
Tom Leykis

Also I should say Kid and Ruben of Kiss FM will be leaving Kiss FM come january (go to www.kidandruben.com for more details) so I wonder if they will be joining Free FM phoenix as well. I am psyched a FM talk station is finally coming to phoenix.

> As reported on the phoenix board KZON 101.5 will be flipping
> to Free FM Jan3rd. I talked with the midday girl and the pm
> drive guy and they both confirmed it to. So far the lineup
> is:
>
> Corolla
> Frosty Heidi and Frank (is that right,I always get it messed
> up)
> Tom Leykis
>
> Also I should say Kid and Ruben of Kiss FM will be leaving
> Kiss FM come january (go to www.kidandruben.com for more
> details) so I wonder if they will be joining Free FM phoenix
> as well. I am psyched a FM talk station is finally coming
> to phoenix.
>
Entercom Seattle had an FM talk station(KQBZ "100.7 The Buzz") which ran from 1994 to November of this year until it was flipped to a country format. The Buzz was Leykis' Seattle affilliate from 1994 to the sudden format flip. Oddly enough The Buzz's sister station KISW-FM was Stern's Seattle affilliate from April, 2001 to December 16th(yes, KISW hung with Howard 'til the very end). I wonder if Infinity is planning on bringing FREE-FM to the Seattle Market? Leykis is currently heard on KISW weeknights from 10:00PM to 2:00AM, at least "for the time being". <P ID="signature">______________
"I look out for me and mine."-Capt. Malcom "Mal" Reynolds in Serenity</P>

> Entercom Seattle had an FM talk station(KQBZ "100.7 The
> Buzz") which ran from 1994 to November of this year until it
> was flipped to a country format. The Buzz was Leykis'
> Seattle affilliate from 1994 to the sudden format flip.
> Oddly enough The Buzz's sister station KISW-FM was Stern's
> Seattle affilliate from April, 2001 to December 16th(yes,
> KISW hung with Howard 'til the very end). I wonder if
> Infinity is planning on bringing FREE-FM to the Seattle
> Market? Leykis is currently heard on KISW weeknights from
> 10:00PM to 2:00AM, at least "for the time being".

I had posted on the Chicago board my thoughts that perhaps WCKG would be Leykis' second "much bigger" announcement after he announced clearing Phoenix. But when I got to thinking, I considered that "much bigger" might mean finally getting to stick it to Entercom by landing a new live clearance in Seattle.

Granted, he did say this unnamed second station would not have to flip formats to accomodate him (unlike alternative KZON/Phx), but one never knows. Every time the people at KTTH call me, they push Rush and Medved. "Savage?", I ask. "Well, no big deal..." they say. Imagine a Rush-Medved-Leykis lineup! I'd fall off my chair laughing!

>
> I had posted on the Chicago board my thoughts that perhaps
> WCKG would be Leykis' second "much bigger" announcement
> after he announced clearing Phoenix. But when I got to
> thinking, I considered that "much bigger" might mean finally
> getting to stick it to Entercom by landing a new live
> clearance in Seattle.
>
> Granted, he did say this unnamed second station would not
> have to flip formats to accomodate him (unlike alternative
> KZON/Phx), but one never knows. Every time the people at
> KTTH call me, they push Rush and Medved. "Savage?", I ask.
> "Well, no big deal..." they say. Imagine a
> Rush-Medved-Leykis lineup! I'd fall off my chair laughing!
>
Last night I D/l a podcast of a Steve Dahl show (have never really heard his show) and I thought it was quite boring. For a Free FM station and a guy who is a legend in Chicago I was bored. I also d/l some material of Mancow, Frosty Heidi and Frank, and found those to be much more entertaining than Dahl. Maybe I caught Dahl on a bad day but not much to speak of from my point of view.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom