• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

PBS Joins NPR and Local affiliates to boycott Twitter

So far we seen NPR and local affiliates join in and boycott Twitter. Now PBS joins in with NPR. Expect PBS affiliates join the Twitter Boycott soon over Elon Musk's Government Funded label.

PBS said it has suspended posting to Twitter after Elon Musk’s social network pinned a “government-funded media” descriptor to its primary account. The public TV broadcaster joins NPR in ceasing Twitter activity following the Twitter changes, which the organizations say inaccurately represent them.

“PBS stopped tweeting from our account when we learned of the change and we have no plans to resume at this time,” a rep said in a statement to Variety. “We are continuing to monitor the ever-changing situation closely.”

PBS, which currently has 2.2 million Twitter followers, says that U.S. federal funding provides about 15% of the revenue for the public television system. According to the org, over the course of a year, 86% of all U.S. television households — representing more than 230 million people — watch PBS programming.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pbsnewshour

Here is the PBS News hour feed and it's shut down for now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WGBHNews
WGBH is the first PBS affiliate to shut down their Twitter feed as of this posting.
so it's still a active account but they wiped out everything post wise, i would have gone a step further and permanently deleted the account and then tell everyone online on other platforms and websites that we have permanently left the platform for good.

so it's still a active account but they wiped out everything post wise, i would have gone a step further and permanently deleted the account and then tell everyone online on other platforms and websites that we have permanently left the platform for good.

That's the wrong one. Its @NewsHour.

KRCB-TV and KRCB-FM Santa Rosa, CA NPR and PBS affiliate exits from Twitter to join their Networks boycott of Twitter.

A STATEMENT FROM DARREN LASHELLE, PRESIDENT & CEO of NORTHERN CALIFORNIA PUBLIC MEDIA

Dear Friends and Supporters of Northern California Public Media (KRCB TV, KPJK TV, KRCB FM),

Last week the social media platform Twitter labeled PBS and NPR’s official Twitter accounts as “state-affiliated media,” a designation usually given to government-controlled media outlets. Twitter later changed that label to “government-funded media.” Both labels are inaccurate.

PBS and NPR have therefore announced that their organizational accounts will no longer be active on Twitter because the platform is taking actions that undermine PBS and NPR’s credibility by falsely implying that PBS/NPR are not editorially independent.

Maine Public the PBS and NPR affiliate in the state issues a statement that they are leaving Twitter for the same reasons in support of their Networks.

An Elon Musk connected company SpaceX has been hit with a disaster involving one of their rockets.

Last edited:

An Elon Musk connected company SpaceX has been hit with a disaster involving one of their rockers.
Musk is used to stuff he makes catching on fire...

I've never worked for a PBS or NPR station, so I wonder what the donation source breakdown is like. I can't imagine Twitter drives that much revenue their way. And yes, my local affiliates are also "pausing" Twitter.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom