• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Passing of Bill Pierce....

Bill Pearce pioneering radio broadcaster and founder of the Nightsounds radio program died February 23, 2010 from complications of Parkinson's disease. He was 83.

In Memory of Bill

One of my fond memories is going to Chicago in 1968 or 1969 for a meeting of an effort to form a Midwestern chapter of National Religious Broadcasters. We met in the studios of WMBI at Moody Bible Institute. One of the items on our agenda was a rather informal presentation by Bill Pierce in which he analyzed how he selected music for use in his on-air programming.

Yes, a great talent!

Great man! Emceed his concert in mid 90s for WMIT. Humble gentleman with awesome pipes and amazing vocal and trombone talent. Playing today in the presence of the King!

I was sad to learn of the passing of Bill Pearce. The "Nightsounds" program was something I listened to frequently between 1979 and 1983. I do not listen to Christian radio, but his program has been a notable exception (along with HCJB). Pearce used the medium of radio for its greatest purpose--to connect with a listener.

During 1980 and 1981, I rolled tape on the show from time to time. If anyone is interested, I could post them if there is enough interest in them.

I agree with the comments about Bill being able to connect with a listener. He received many comments about distraut listeners randomly flipping the dial only to find his program, which really stood out from the rest of the radio dial. The opening theme music was absolutely haunting. And if that didn't get you, Bill's deep, soothing voice certainly would!

"Spiritof67" - I would love an opportunity to be able to listen to some of the shows, if you still have them. I may even have a couple of my own that I taped while in college from 94.5 WCHR Trenton, NJ back about 1980. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom