• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Over/Under

What is the over/under on the number of time Angela Jacobs (Rays TV) says the word "GUYS"?

Hell... Sounds like that's all I'm being called when out to dinner or whatever with my wife ...YOU GUYS..... Ugh...

Frank Ferreri said:
What is the over/under on the number of time Angela Jacobs (Rays TV) says the word "GUYS"?
Unfortunately, this is such a Football town between the Bulls and Bucs, when it comes to baseball, most of the "sports geeks" in this town are baseball clueless.

The Rays are just as exciting to watch as the Bucs, but you would never even know the game was being played by the coverage that they give by WDAE.

And WDAE is the flagship for the Play-By-Play!

Gee, I don't know why the attendance is low...

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Can't agree, Jeff. DAE does a fine job as flagship. The actual broadcasts are well produced and the team of Freed and Wills is excellent. There is extensive pre and post game coverage as well. All well done.

badjef said:
Frank Ferreri said:
Unfortunately, this is such a Football town between the Bulls and Bucs, when it comes to baseball, most of the "sports geeks" in this town are baseball clueless.

The Rays are just as exciting to watch as the Bucs, but you would never even know the game was being played by the coverage that they give by WDAE.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

The only problem I might find is no Bay Area FM presence.

Yes, its a football town..used to league salary caps that are rigidly enforced which means at the start of the NFL season, even our Nations smallest pro sports market can and has ...13 times over...produced an NFL World Champion.

When MLB follows the NFL lead...which is never...many of us will come back...as far as the game itself:

This is baseball...a game for the most part that is laid back..no running clock...sometimes there are exciting moments...other times, its kick back and watch...or when its the Red Sox and Yankees, scratch your crotch, spit into your batting gloves and re adjust them for four freakin' hours...but you get my drift. ..Every game is not the "PLAY THAT WILL DECIDE IT!!!!"

The Radio guys efforts have nothing to do with attendance. The program and the commentary is just fine. It's the fact that the Trop, God Bless its outdated soul, is in the worst possible place with regards to the current and future population base. Find a place in Tampa and you'll do much better.

WDAE promotes the Rays ad-nauseum..and lets us know if the mighty empire of Clear Channel Sports Properties means the Rays go back to 970 or 1250 for the night.

Not really a "radio" related thread in the beginning. So it may not belong. Without being mean and nasty it is about Angela Jacobs who does post game on Rays TV. If any of you watch....you probably have a strong opinion. Nuff said.

Come to think of it, the only post-game shows I occasionally bother with are the NFL 7PM ones. Unless the game contained a major milestone or really controversial play, it's pretty much a revenue raiser. I'm usually on to the next event.

Frank Ferreri said:
Not really a "radio" related thread in the beginning. So it may not belong. Without being mean and nasty it is about Angela Jacobs who does post game on Rays TV. If any of you watch....you probably have a strong opinion. Nuff said.
TV is radio with pictures - which is why TV discussion works on a radio discussion page. Of course, it is also why the moderators made a separate forum for TV.

As far as most of us are concerned, if it weren't for radio, there would be no TV.

As far as "AJ", she appears as one of those more interested in football than baseball when covering Rays BASEball.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Studio20 said:
badjef said:
Frank Ferreri said:

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

The only problem I might find is no Bay Area FM presence.

Yes, its a football town..used to league salary caps that are rigidly enforced which means at the start of the NFL season, even our Nations smallest pro sports market can and has ...13 times over...produced an NFL World Champion.

When MLB follows the NFL lead...which is never...many of us will come back...as far as the game itself:

This is baseball...a game for the most part that is laid back..no running clock...sometimes there are exciting moments...other times, its kick back and watch...or when its the Red Sox and Yankees, scratch your crotch, spit into your batting gloves and re adjust them for four freakin' hours...but you get my drift. ..Every game is not the "PLAY THAT WILL DECIDE IT!!!!"

I disagree. The Rays only won the division last year by ONE game. That game was decided by one play that won or lost the the game. Which game/play was it? I don't know. It is a game of errors - not of executed plays. Proof? There is an "errors" stat on every scoreboard. It is truly a game of individual "perfection".

The Radio guys efforts have nothing to do with attendance. The program and the commentary is just fine. It's the fact that the Trop, God Bless its outdated soul, is in the worst possible place with regards to the current and future population base. Find a place in Tampa and you'll do much better.

Why, because you live there? That's the arrogance I talk about. You are not a fan if the location, within the market, is your problem with attendance. How far is Foxborough from Boston, again?

At Friday night's game, I was with people that came from Tallahassee just to see the game. Drove 4 hours, they did. 5 because they stopped for dinner. When the Red's were in town there were people in back of me who came from Melbourne. I was standing in line with one guy who complained it was too far. He came down from Spring Hill! Gee, I don't know who he was listening to...

WDAE promotes the Rays ad-nauseum..

"ad-nauseum" for WHOM?
I would rather hear about the Rays during September when they are making a last ditch effort for the play-offs than listen to the ones who wrote their playoff possibilities in JULY!

and lets us know if the mighty empire of Clear Channel Sports Properties means the Rays go back to 970 or 1250 for the night.

I don't mind if the Rays are moved to 970. Since the Bucs only have 20 games. It is only for a few games, anyway. Since 970 is the station I'm locked on normally, it works for me. (my arrogance :D).

Ian is the reason so much Bucs coverage. I know that. As he’s a former Buc I appreciate his insights as I do Orestas when he "guests" with Rich's Post-game.

What does this have to do with radio? Plenty! It is the vehicle to reality of the world outside of “the bubble”. It is the mystery box with a switch to turn it on ond off, a volume to hear it comfortably, and a knob to hear other voices.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

PS. Passion anyone? I have more than enough to spare with Baseball, Rays, and the 'Trop - the best combination in sports! (and, oh! yeah, radio)

And of course, in a vehicle, the simplicity of a push button to change to something you prefer more...

flwfg said:
And of course, in a vehicle, the simplicity of a push button to change to something you prefer more...
If you can find anything better than baseball. :)

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom