• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Outrage!

No not me.. I can't remember the last time I was truly "outraged!" I fear I may have developed complete immmunity because of excessive attempts to outrage me.

There are 10,200 news pages containing the word "outrage" or "outraged" right now at news.google.com

Doesn't anyone just get miffed anymore? Ticked? Bemused? How about annoyed? It's really difficult to sustain a sense of outrage and I'm concerned that if something truly outrageous happens, I'll be too overstimulated from media refrences to feel a thing.
<P ID="signature">______________
Jerry

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - late Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan</P>

You're 1000% Correct.....

> No not me.. I can't remember the last time I was truly
> "outraged!" I fear I may have developed complete immmunity
> because of excessive attempts to outrage me.
>
> There are 10,200 news pages containing the word "outrage"
> or "outraged" right now at news.google.com
>
> Doesn't anyone just get miffed anymore? Ticked? Bemused? How
> about annoyed? It's really difficult to sustain a sense of
> outrage and I'm concerned that if something truly outrageous
> happens, I'll be too overstimulated from media refrences to
> feel a thing.

Conservative media uses the word "outrage" the most. Outrage means almost violently displaying anger. When they tack it in every other news story, it's overkill. And they wonder why people are so disaffected by everything these days.

It's a catch phrase that's meant to set triggers in people and it did for a while. Unfortunately, it's been used so much, often in some of the weakest overall stories, it's meaning is almost impotent now in the news.

That's outrageous......
>
Seattle Hempfest, August 20-21, Myrtle Edwards Park, http://www.hempfest.org/

[email protected]

</P>

Re: You're 1000% Correct.....

> Conservative media uses the word "outrage" the most.

I didn't have time to wade through all 10,200 "outrages in the news" myself. Thanks for taking the time.

Can you give us some examples of "conservative media"? Which one reports the most "outrage"?

How about liberal media? Who represents that group?

Hey, Original.. if you're watching the weather on tv, and you don't like the meteorologist do you ever find yourself thinking: "Hmmm, this guy must be a conservative..." .... just wondering..

Jerry

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts" - late Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan</P>

Jerry

I took a peek at your webpage.
If you're really into photography,
check out photo.net

I add a few photos to it every once in awhile.

> No not me.. I can't remember the last time I was truly
> "outraged!" I fear I may have developed complete immmunity
> because of excessive attempts to outrage me.
>
> There are 10,200 news pages containing the word "outrage"
> or "outraged" right now at news.google.com
>
> Doesn't anyone just get miffed anymore? Ticked? Bemused? How
> about annoyed? It's really difficult to sustain a sense of
> outrage and I'm concerned that if something truly outrageous
> happens, I'll be too overstimulated from media refrences to
> feel a thing.
>

Well played! I just used this word in a recent post myself...maybe its overused...? made me stop and think...good post...
you made a point worthy of Andy rooney.....

The Original Larry Theory Put To The Test

Let’s test Original Larry’s theory. He wrote: “Conservative media uses the word "outrage" the most. Outrage means almost violently displaying anger. When they tack it in every other news story, it's overkill. And they wonder why people are so disaffected by everything these days.

It's a catch phrase that's meant to set triggers in people and it did for a while. Unfortunately, it's been used so much, often in some of the weakest overall stories, it's meaning is almost impotent now in the news.

That's outrageous......”

<hr>
I asked OL what news organizations were liberal and which were conservative but he is a little too busy right now to answer so let’s proceed.

Using Google’s “Advanced search function” we searched each news website separately looking for references to the word “Outrage” or “Outraged”. Thus we come up with:

<center><big><big>"The Big News Outrage-O-Meter”</big></big></center>

<big><u>Here are the rankings:</big></u>

<big><u>Cable and/or TV News Websites:</big></u>

(Click on each for detail)
<ul>
[*] Fox News’ website registers 517 references to “Outrage”

[*] CBS News 716 “Outrage” hits

[*]<a href=http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=+outrage+OR+outraged+site%3Amsn.com&btnG=Search> MSNBC.MSN 18,100 on the Outrage-O-Meter</a>

[*]And the winner is… (envelope please) CNN with <font color=black><big>24,700</big></font> “Outrages” referenced!
[/list]
<big><u>Now for the Newspaper Online Category:</big></u>
<ul>
[*]<a href=http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=+outrage+OR+outraged+site%3Awashtimes.com&btnG=Search> Washington Times registers 578 on the Outrage-O-Meter.</a>

[*] The New York Times <u>5,200</u> on the Outrage-O-Meter.

[*]And the winner is…… Washington Post with <big><font color=black><u>6,050</u><font color=black></big> hits Original![/list]
<hr>
Whaddya think of that, Original Larry? <big>You were right!!</big> (As long as you think that The Washington Post And CNN are <u>the most conservative</u> news outlets.)

Jerry

Re: The Original Larry Theory Put To The Test

You must not get laid very much. Because I and the rest of us had far more interesting things to do with our weekend than research a single word and where it is used.

Do a Google search on How To Get A Life.

Everybody's gotta start sometime....<P ID="signature">______________
Seattle Hempfest, August 20-21, Myrtle Edwards Park, http://www.hempfest.org/

[email protected]

</P>

Re: The Original Larry Theory Put To The Test

> You must not get laid very much.

sure I do.. by the most beautiful woman on the planet....

.. If you lay off the cannabis, I think you can knock the time off your Google searches from 4 hours to 3. Of course, I was able to knock that page out in about ten minutes. Cut and paste, Original, cut and paste.

Jerry

The Original Larry Theory on OUTRAGE

> You must not get laid very much. Because I and the rest of
> us had far more interesting things to do with our weekend
> than research a single word and where it is used.

We know it's hard when you are so conclusively proven irrefutably and undeniably wrong, Larry.

Maybe you should, to quote Larry ...

> Do a Google search on How To Get A Life.

... rather than following up with OUTRAGE and insults.

The results were very entertaining!

73s from 954<P ID="signature">______________
Mike Sheridan's History of WGMA, the Country Giant</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom