• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Out of the box, is audio quality of the Narrator HD radio as good as a Tivoli ?

The reviews are across the board on the Best Buy website. The market was to target poor vision listeners, had some had valid comments, like they didn't bother to test these units with non-sighted listeners first. Also, poor on 'clock radio' features like sleep timer, etc.
Could not find it at my BB store yet.

I can't compare the Narrator to those radios, but if you heard the early Accurean, it's comparable in quality and HD reception.
To me, its biggest plus is lots of presets (they say unlimited; nothing is unlimited.)
It requires four AA batteries to accomplish that.
It's reasonably selective and more sensitive than a GE Superadio.
In a large city, though, it suffers from poor image rejection.
A semilocal that my Sony sometimes receives in HD was totally swamped by images on the Narrator.
On the Sony, which is no longer being made, it was fully readable in analog, and the Accurean would have performed similarly.
I've already sold my Narrator to a man who doesn't care that much about HD but wants to try it out. He lives in a small town, so it'll probably be a good purchase for him.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom