• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Olivia Fierro Leaves GMAZ

And another interesting point is Javier Soto. It was clear that he wanted a chance to move up, but Scott was going nowhere really fast. Other than letting him substitute a handful of time on the evening news, they didn't take him seriously. When Brandon Lee left the second time, Javier should have been a strong contender for that position.
I agree formeraa. I still think to this day Lee's "return" was a joke. Those promos, in a word, were nothing less than pathetic. :rolleyes:

As for Soto, there's really no contest between him and Pasmore. Frankly, the latter should've been shown the door years ago! 🤢

Still, I'm glad that Soto is on 15 now. Well-deserved.

And another interesting point is Javier Soto. It was clear that he wanted a chance to move up, but Scott was going nowhere really fast. Other than letting him substitute a handful of time on the evening news, they didn't take him seriously. When Brandon Lee left the second time, Javier should have been a strong contender for that position.
On this same point, personally, I think Lindsey Reiser should've been promoted to evening anchor (instead of 3TV re-hiring Lee). Granted, shortly thereafter she got a gig at MSNBC. They made the right choice recruiting Reiser--- I'm happy for her indeed.

Be that as it may, I still think had Reiser been hired as a weekday evening anchor, she most likely would've stayed in AZ. My opinion mind you. :cool:

Perhaps 3/5 gets a volume discount on weather forecasters...

How many forecasters does it take to do the weather on 3/5?
Answer: One to create the graphics, another to hold the clicker, and a third to present the forecast...repeat for each newscast.

Sorry, @brian4, I just couldn't resist...

Today at 4:30AM Kylee was the First Alert Meteorologist!!! She was the First and she was Alert!!!! I expect to see her picture with the others!!!! She deserves it.

Thinking before the traditional Christmas/Holiday ads. By October 1st
Gray updated their GMAZ weekday spot and added Simone. At first I thought they super-glued Simone into the shot. Looking at the pre-Simone and current videos, Tess, April & Gina are wearing the same dresses. Ian same tie. Colton has a different tie and Scott a different suit. So it's new. And yes I had time on my hands to check it :D

Back
Top Bottom