• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

OLDIES STATIONS STILL PROGRAMMING ????

I really detest the term "oldies"..but that's another story..are there any "oldies" stations still running that format in major cities ? I'm in the Nashville area..and it's been a couple of years since that format was broadcast here. granted it was the same old 300 song rotation day after day...but the station that played them pulled bigger numbers than the format that replaced it..just curious.. ???

WDUV-------Tampa ( soft oldies)
WRBQ-------Tampa (60's)
WJQB--------Spring Hill Fl.--------True Oldies Channel

deltas69 said:
I really detest the term "oldies"..but that's another story..are there any "oldies" stations still running that format in major cities ? I'm in the Nashville area..and it's been a couple of years since that format was broadcast here. granted it was the same old 300 song rotation day after day...but the station that played them pulled bigger numbers than the format that replaced it..just curious.. ???
I struggle to pick up WKOM on my car radio. And I spend most of my time in Pegram (where I live), Bellevue, and west Nashville. They have that same similar rotation, but they are all we have left.

Along the same lines, I'm trying to "build my own" station on my using my iPod and the shuffle feature. Does anyone have any old playlists they'd be willing to pass along? Thanks!

i guess my question should have been..what stations are doing it in house ? wls fm ? some of the others mentioned ? i don't really consider taking a feed doing it right..i know that's the cheapest way to do it..and it's all about the bottom line.i'll have to listen to wls fm..

deltas69 said:

Nashville NEEDS this format in the market again. with format DUPLICATION times 2 & 3, here's the format HOLE.

deltas69 said:
i guess my question should have been..what stations are doing it in house ? wls fm ? some of the others mentioned ? i don't really consider taking a feed doing it right..i know that's the cheapest way to do it..and it's all about the bottom line.i'll have to listen to wls fm..

WLS-FM is in house except mid days & all night

CKLW fan said:
GoofyJeff said:
Along the same lines, I'm trying to "build my own" station on my using my iPod and the shuffle feature. Does anyone have any old playlists they'd be willing to pass along? Thanks!

This is a great site for CKLW playlists from the late 1960s and 1970s, broken down into years, months and weeks:

http://www.ct30.com/big30/index.html

great site...the playlists are alot of fun to check out. for fun i checked the Billboard for w/e 01/02/68 and compared charts..the ct30 chart in the first listing and the second listing is Billboard...very interesting comparison. i personally liked the ct30 chart because it has Itchycoo Park, a major overlooked song by the "experts"

1. Nobody But Me ......hello goodbye
2. Baby Now That I Found You.......daydream believer
3. Judy in Disguise ..........judy in disguise
4. Green Tambourine .....i heard it thru the grapvine
5. We're a Winner ..... woman,woman,
6. Women Women .....i second that emotion
7. Chain of Fools ...chain of fools
8 Skinny Legs & All ......bend me shape
9. I Can't Stand Myself ...boogaloo down broadway
10. I Wish It Would Rain ........skinny lega and all
11. Different Drum ...honey chile (martha and the vandellas)
12. You Dont Have To Say You Love Me .......green tambourine
13 Honeychild .....i could build my whole world
14. United .......summer rain
15. Show Time......incense and peppermints
16. Sockin 1-2-3-4 .......you better sit down kids
17. Love Power ...... next plane to london
18. Itchycoo Park .........different drum
19. I Second That Emotion .........the rain the park and oher things
20. I Heard It Through The Grapevine .........i say a little prayer
21. Monterey .........susan
22. By The Time I Get To Phoenix.......and get away (esquires)
23. She's a Rainbow.......wear your love like heaven
24. Bend Me Shape Me .......monterrey
25. Tomorrow ........wonderful (young rascals)

KZQZ 1430 St. Louis - Streaming online at kzqz1430am.com - one of the markets better AMs a 5kW fulltime signal. The real golden oldies of the 50s and 60s - with over a 7,000 song playlist, and cool old school imaging.

Lots of places still play plenty of oldies. Unfortunately many of them also play the same songs over and over. But I have a question about one of those repeat oldies, namely "She's Gone", by Hall & Oates:

If you pay the devil to replace a person, do you get what you paid for?

Silkie said:

And what about a receipt? I'd have a tough time getting this one by my accounting department. ;D

cyberdad said:
Silkie said:

And what about a receipt? I'd have a tough time getting this one by my accounting department. ;D

Prolly wouldn't even get the purchase order approved. LOL

KEWS-AM Mighty 1650 McKinney[In DFW Market]<--- Thats Mine ;D
1650 North Dallas

Although Both Of Those Are Part 15.
Our Last Oldies Station was KXEZ 921 which is now Country.
KLUV 987 is now Classic Hits
Platinum 96.7 kinda plays oldies I guess. It plays
50's 60's 70's and 80's. Classic Hits/Oldies/Soft AC

Here at WKII AM-1070 Port Charlotte FL I am doing oldies morning drive M-F. I play any song that made the TOP 100 (weekly charts) for the 50's, 60's and to a lesser degree, the 1970's. We are, hopefully, heading towards oldies 24 hours a day, but the wheels of corporations turn slo-o-o-o-wly so we currently do our leftover satellite adult standards the rest of the day.

SCOTT DAYTON

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom