• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Oldies flip to "JACK-FM"

M

MediaVet

NYC's WCBS-FM has flipped to "JACK-FM"...Gone are the same oldies that KOMA plays...

Let's all hope Renda DOES NOT follow suit and we lose the Oklahoma radio legends we've all come to know, love (and have worked with)

With KOMA's legendary call letters sadly thing of the past on 1520..We need to make sure that present-day KOMA-FM remains unchanged.

Just a few of my thoughts..

> NYC's WCBS-FM has flipped to "JACK-FM"...Gone are the same
> oldies that KOMA plays...
>
> Let's all hope Renda DOES NOT follow suit and we lose the
> Oklahoma radio legends we've all come to know, love (and
> have worked with)
>
> With KOMA's legendary call letters sadly thing of the past
> on 1520..We need to make sure that present-day KOMA-FM
> remains unchanged.
>
>
> Just a few of my thoughts..

With the ratings KOMA-FM has now, I doubt any flip would occur anytime soon.

Then again, who anticipated CBS-FM doing such a thing? Apparently, not even the jocks knew.

These days, an engineer can change out the hard drives, load new music and bam -- new format.

Oldies flips

WCBS-FM has struggled getting 25-54 ratings for the past two years, having spent at least a year out of the Top 10 (they were a perennial Top 3 25-54 just a few
years ago).

KOMA is very strong in OKC and should be fine. Doesn't mean some other station won't do JACK, but not KOMA.

>
> Then again, who anticipated CBS-FM doing such a thing?
> Apparently, not even the jocks knew.
>
> These days, an engineer can change out the hard drives, load
> new music and bam -- new format.
>

Re: Oldies flips

I can't imagine anyone in OKC Jacking, except perhaps Tyler, who have no room for it--all four of their stations serve a niche purpose. I thought we were going to have one in Bob, but look how they wimped out there...

> I can't imagine anyone in OKC Jacking, except perhaps Tyler,
> who have no room for it--all four of their stations serve a
> niche purpose. I thought we were going to have one in Bob,
> but look how they wimped out there...

Jacking WHAT?

> > I can't imagine anyone in OKC Jacking, except perhaps
> Tyler,
> > who have no room for it--all four of their stations serve
> a
> > niche purpose. I thought we were going to have one in
> Bob,
> > but look how they wimped out there...
>
>
> Jacking WHAT?
>

Car with flat tire?

Dont expect KOMA's going to flip as things stand now... Numbers don't indicate that to be neccessary.

XOXO
FCC

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom