• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

old tape i got. wkmz from martinsburg wv.

D

dudekindjack

i got a old tape of a show called the big show from a station with the call of wkmz. remember the 80s was what the dj played. Also talked about various movies and when you heard something he played you won a refridgerator magnet. was wondering about how old this tape is? bill hutney may been dj name and it doesnt say what frequency this station is. mentions saturday night and the big show is about it. has some commercials for grand opening caseys resturant and bar, and shuel funiture.
I probley have 15 mins or so of recording from wkmz but dont know about when this is.

The WKMZ calls were on 97.5 in Martinsburg for about 20 years, and then on 95.9 in Williamsport, MD for a short time. The ads you heard? Schewel's is a furniture chain with a store in Martinsburg. And Casey's Bar & Grill is up U.S. 11 a few miles, in Greencastle, PA. If you're trying to pin-down the date or general time-frame for this aircheck, call Casey's and ask them when they opened for business.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom