• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Old 93Q Q-Zoo Memories and KLYX?

J

JoeFM1

Folks, I was recently up in Hot Springs, Arkansas with my father. Both he and I love flea markets, along with estate and garage sales. Today, as we were driving back to Houston, we stopped numerous times to rummage through stuff that people wanted to get rid of. At a yard sale in Mt. Enterprise, TX, I went digging through a box with an old CB walkie-talkie, an FM walkman, a motorized toy shark, and a bunch of dirt dobber nests. What I found at the bottom was the score of a lifetime! Lots of 93Q stickers, an electronic reference manual, an Ohm's law chart, plus an instruction manual dated 1973 for a studio transmitter link for radio station KLYX on Richmond Avenue. The top of the manual appears to have disintegrated -- or perhaps it was eaten by rats...

The spanish woman running the sale didn't know who it belonged to. It was in the garage when she bought the house over a year ago. Talked to a Cox employee, who thinks the stickers date to the early 80s when 93Q did a "Where's The Beef" promotion with Wendys Hamburgers. In any event, I paid $1 for the whole box. I will share some pics here. Perhaps this will let some of you take a trip down memory lane.

1734682_orig.jpg

3244764_orig.jpg

6239672_orig.jpg

7534648_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom