• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ok, A Question For All

wnih-wayne

Inactive
Inactive User
Does anyone know when the next filing window is for station applications...reason for asking....is if I can fund up enough sponsors, I wanna be able to apply for an AM or FM station license, and considering that the listener base is small enough, what does anyone think on the policy as to how they come up with how much a station has to pay for the license...i saw that WSIC had to pay like 550 or something like that, and the former WFMX had to pay somewhere about the 7500 a year i am guessing...since the population in the North Iredell area is small....could anyone offer any advice on how they come upon that charge for a license....if not I might be able to ask a friend, or I can call the FCC on it

Thanks,
Wayne

Wayne,
Don't do this yourself. You'll need a Washington Attorney and a consulting engineer along the way. You might as well get your relationship with them started now.

I hope you have deep pockets. Best of luck.

tjthedj said:
Wayne,
Don't do this yourself. You'll need a Washington Attorney and a consulting engineer along the way. You might as well get your relationship with them started now.

I hope you have deep pockets. Best of luck.

Thanks...

Well, since I now have a fulltime job in retail radio is on the backburner, unless you know of any stations that need a on-air talent badly, then I can find a way to get out awful quick to go there

Wayne

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom