• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Obit: Arthur Ferrante at 88; half of piano duo Ferrante and Teicher

What a great era in music, that we grew up in, that we could deeply appreciate...Jailhouse Rock, Young Love and Ferrante and Teicher side by side. I often hit repeat when I am listening to "The Theme From The Apartment" and let it play several times. How can you not appreciate "Exodus" or "Lawrence Of Arabia" visions of Ferrante and Teicher in a rare TV appearance, playing what looked like con-joined Pianos. I could never tell one from the other, frankly they both looked like Peter Sellers...I just really enjoyed their music.

hornet61 said:
What a great era in music, that we grew up in, that we could deeply appreciate...Jailhouse Rock, Young Love and Ferrante and Teicher side by side. I often hit repeat when I am listening to "The Theme From The Apartment" and let it play several times. How can you not appreciate "Exodus" or "Lawrence Of Arabia" visions of Ferrante and Teicher in a rare TV appearance, playing what looked like con-joined Pianos. I could never tell one from the other, frankly they both looked like Peter Sellers...I just really enjoyed their music.

I also love "The Theme From The Apartment".
You are so right Hornet. It was great when we could here "Alley Oop" followed by "Exodus" and "Calcutta" followed by "The Twist".
Can you imagine that happening today?

Ok......I must also confess that subconsciuosly, every time I hear Ferrante and Teicher........I swoon at the memory of a then very sexy Shirley McClain..."The Apartment" and "Irma La Douce"..wow!!!! or is it a Jack Lemmon thing, oh, never mind.

hornet61 said:
Ok......I must also confess that subconsciuosly, every time I hear Ferrante and Teicher........I swoon at the memory of a then very sexy Shirley McClain..."The Apartment" and "Irma La Douce"..wow!!!! or is it a Jack Lemmon thing, oh, never mind.

Shirley was hot back then.

Ferrante and Teicher also had a Christmas album with the best arrangment of Jingle Bells I ever heard. A great arrangement using "the 32 fingers of Ferrante and Teicher" along with an orchestra.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom