• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Obama

Something about him disturbs me. I view him as a Trojan Horse. It also frightens me that anyone could hypnotize a country. What do we really know of him?? Is this not how tyrants have taken over??

I also find former Pres. Clinton in that category..

right. and u are obviously a very conservative republican

(and obama has HYPNOTIZED no one..........nice try tho)

tony r said:
Something about him disturbs me. I view him as a Trojan Horse. It also frightens me that anyone could hypnotize a country. What do we really know of him?? Is this not how tyrants have taken over??

You raise good points. Sure to have some clown come along and try to label you a neocon for having raised them.

Beyond good looks....which so many decry as having nothing to do with being president...but which actually help with more than a few voters...the very fact that not all that many people know much about him IS the great appeal.

A very large percentage of voters are fed to the ears with the political hacks of both sides and their fumbles and downright arrogant power trips. Add to Obama's appeal that he at least appears to be reasonably humble and projects being more than a little amazed that one from his background can rise in politics at all. Not that it's an especially bad background; just that it defies all conventional logic about where candidates come from.

Though I doubt he'll get the Democrat Party nomination, he'd be a sure thing as a VP candidate for Ms. Rodham (who might do better if she ran under that name). But that would risk Republicans coming up with their own "dark horse" and pulling off a surprise victory. He might do better, if he isn't the immediate nominee, to run as a third party candidate. It would make it easier for many on the right to vote for him and would certainly suck down the numbers Ms. Rodham might hope for. If he didn't win he'd at least kick the election into overtime with an end result nobody likes; 4-more years of "I hate you because I hate you and I don't need any reason to hate you because you're hateful and I hate you; just HATE you". At least it would make for entertaining talk radio.

tony r said:
I also find former Pres. Clinton in that category..

Ah, but which "former Pres. Clinton"? Never forget, they were co-presidents.

There is something to be said about your hypnotize comment. When Obama made his speech at the 2004 Democrat convention I instantly knew he would be a 2008 presidential candidate. Another thought instantly came to my mind...millons of Americans who were paying no attention to that speech and had no idea who Obama was would one day, sooner than latter, say to themselves "I will vote for Obama". Sure enough that's exactly what's happening. It makes me realize that people can so easily be hypnotized. It also makes me realize that Americans, probably more now than ever before, prefer style over substance. There are hundreds of thousands of Democrats more experienced and qualified to run for President than Obama.

You can relax.

It's Hillary all the way. Just premature for The Democrat Party to admit it and lose the chance to throw a big party meaningless convention.

Dear Users,

Portions of this thread were moved because they had nothing to do with the "Obama" topic. They are still on the OTA board under the subject title "General Politics" and can be reached by clicking on the following URL.

http://www.radio-info.com/smf/index.php/topic,62686.msg440567.html#msg440567

In the future, please try to keep the thread on topic. Sometimes it's easier said than done particularly in regard to political discussions. This one was completely offtrack.

My comment about being hypnotizing, was directed at Obama and at anyone who can attract persons like a cult following.

tony r said:
My comment about being hypnotizing, was directed at Obama and at anyone who can attract persons like a cult following.

Properly done, a cult following can yield great personal profit but it's a rare prophet who knows when it's time to reap the fruits without overdoing it. So I guess the prophets you never hear about are the best ones! May they live long and prosper.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom