• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NPR's Ask Me Another to end in September

According to their social media accounts, the weekly NPR/WNYC (New York) produced show/podcast will end in September.
No reason was mentioned in the Monday June 21, 2021 statement.

Sorry to hear this. My local NPR station airs Ask Me Another on Saturdays at noon and I quite enjoy the program. It's certainly better than "Says You" which they've been using to fill 1 hour of the Saturday evening spot once filled by Prairie Home Companion after the programming guys realized how bad Live From Here really was and saw the ratings plummet. I realize they probably come from different stations or distributors, but I'd rather them cancel Says You and move Ask Me Another to the Saturday evening slot vacated by Prairie Home (and for a short while, Live From Here).

I don't know if this is the first time but they announced the end of the show on the show this past weekend. There were reruns on previous weeks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom