• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NPR CEO Search Begins anew

The albatross around the neck of public radio is the local stations. A frequency should be cleared for NPR to broadcast a national feed. Get rid of the religious broadcasters, LPFMs and play stations for students, which are wastes of bandwidth.

Confusing a mindless devotion to the status quo with expertise is a major factor in the demise of radio.

The facts are the Public Broadcasting Act, the NPR articles of incorporation, and the FCC Rules and Regulations. There are things NPR can't do because of FCC laws, company agreements, or federal laws. Sure those can change, but as I've said, there's absolutely nothing in the works now to change them. So the FACTS are that they have certain rules to work under, certain relationships with stations, and certain financial limitations. Those are the facts, and I've included them in every post in this thread. Until the facts change, you or I can dream about employee ownership or NPR owning stations, but right now, the FACTS prevent all that from happening. The only way to change the facts is through Congress, and Congress can't even pass a budget.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom