• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nothing new to report in Tampa Bay Radio?

Very little happening, very little of interest.
All (or mostly) corporate cookie-cutter stations and formats.

No real effort.
Few announcers. All (or mostly) programmed by computer. Human interaction not necessary in this very intimate of media where human interaction (i.e. announcers, hosts) once welcomed listeners.

Today, radio's managers seem to care little about the product or how to entertain listeners (to keep them glued to the station).
It's only a business. Only a profit center.

One can tell be how commercials dominate most stations. The commercials literally scream at people. The programming seems secondary. Very docile, unimaginative, boring. Dull. Obtuse. Same old same old.

Look at 820 AM. Get rid of most of the staff and replace it with a computer playing classic country music. No weather. No news. No traffic. No people. No nothing.
(I know they have since ended that format, but it's still a shell of what it could be).

The above reasons are why I don't listen to commercial FM. Haven't in years.
Only hear it when at a restaurant or doctor's office. Amazing how people tolerate 10 minute commercial breaks.
No respect for the listener.

No real effort.
Few announcers. All (or mostly) programmed by computer. Human interaction not necessary in this very intimate of media where human interaction (i.e. announcers, hosts) once welcomed listeners.

Today, radio's managers seem to care little about the product or how to entertain listeners (to keep them glued to the station).

One can tell be how commercials dominate most stations. The commercials literally scream at people. The programming seems secondary. Very docile, unimaginative, boring. Dull. Obtuse. Same old same old.

Look at 820 AM. Get rid of most of the staff and replace it with a computer playing classic country music. No weather. No news. No traffic. No people. No nothing.
(I know they have since ended that format, but it's still a shell of what it could be).

The above reasons are why I don't listen to commercial FM. Haven't in years.
Only hear it when at a restaurant or doctor's office. Amazing how people tolerate 10 minute commercial breaks.

LPFM here. No ads!

Ad hominem attack. Nothing on substance.
The radio boot-lickers strike again.

The same could be said about your post. Those who can...do. Those who can't...complain about those who do.

Here's an idea: Donate your time and money to non-commercial radio.

No real effort.

Amazing how people tolerate 10 minute commercial breaks.
There are some of us left that still do care, have actual live local people on the air (that even GHASP play what they want..with the audience in mind, of course) that don't play the same records over, and over, and over again, and keep the breaks down to two three minute breaks an hour (and sometimes one two minute break). I understand that it's becoming a rare thing, but we do exist...on AM over in Polk and eastern Hillsbrough on two stations (1330 WWAB *cough*, and 1360 WHNR) and one up in the sticks (1170 WKFL). Now....if we could just get a good signal into Tampa Bay...
Ok, so maybe you could call this a shameless self plug, but we (Boss Hogg Radio) aren't just phoning it in, running automated, or piping it in..nor are we practically nothing but non-stop ad spots. We're in it become we love radio. I know that sounds schmaltzy, but it's true.

There are some of us left that still do care, have actual live local people on the air (that even GHASP play what they want..with the audience in mind, of course) that don't play the same records over, and over, and over again, and keep the breaks down to two three minute breaks an hour (and sometimes one two minute break). I understand that it's becoming a rare thing, but we do exist...on AM over in Polk and eastern Hillsbrough on two stations (1330 WWAB *cough*, and 1360 WHNR) and one up in the sticks (1170 WKFL). Now....if we could just get a good signal into Tampa Bay...
Ok, so maybe you could call this a shameless self plug, but we (Boss Hogg Radio) aren't just phoning it in, running automated, or piping it in..nor are we practically nothing but non-stop ad spots. We're in it become we love radio. I know that sounds schmaltzy, but it's true.
I have heard those stations.
Great work.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom