• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Northern AZ FM's off the air since Monday night.

A friend tells me that most of the FM stations on Mingus Mtn. have been off the air since the storm Monday night. When he called KAHM, he was told that APS is trying to restore power as soon as possible. Other stations he called didn't even have an annoucement on the automatic telephone systems.

Question: Doesn't normal practice call for back up generators for remote transmitters? With the number of transmitters on Mingus, plus cell phone towers and pagers (if there are any left), it seems like there should be a cooperative effort to keep everything going when the lines go down.

If not auxilliary power, then why not some back-up transmitters located elsewhere?

Still off the air as of Thursday morning................

I wonder why someone doesn't rent a generator?

pberger said:
Still off the air as of Thursday morning................
I wonder why someone doesn't rent a generator?
They probably can't get there. I've only seen the start of it, but the road going up to the tower site didn't look very good.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom