• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Northern Arizona Coverage

I just noticed on azfamily.com that KTVK/KPHO are hiring a photojournalist and an MMJ to cover Flagstaff and surrounding areas. Both job descriptions state that they must live "in or near" Flagstaff. Is this a virtual re-invention of the Northern Arizona bureau for 3/5?

Do any other stations have photographers and/or reporters permanently based in Flagstaff these days? I generally observe that most stores in Flagstaff are covered by Phoenix reporters who drive up the hill to cover a story (or via chopper if it's really breaking news).

It certainly seems like a "Northern Arizona Bureau" is coming back for AZ Family News.
I haven't noticed any particular reporters/mmj on any Phoenix station covering Northern
Arizona. Most stations seem to rotate assignments based on what, I'm not sure.

MMM Very interesting. Gray seems to be committed to spending at least a few $$ on increasing news. They also won the auction for a new full-power station in Flag. One possibility is a full-power satellite of 3/5 with maybe local news for Northern AZ?

MMM Very interesting. Gray seems to be committed to spending at least a few $$ on increasing news. They also won the auction for a new full-power station in Flag. One possibility is a full-power satellite of 3/5 with maybe local news for Northern AZ?

I will note this... They do not need to run Flagstaff 32 as a satellite of KTVK or KPHO because of contour overlap. They could conceivably run it and KPHE-LD in tandem.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom