• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

No more Rich Eisen in SoCal

Driving my better half to work this morning and I noticed 1090 is no longer carrying the Rich Eisen show and is now all ESPN Radio through mornings and middays. Given that both XEPRS and KLAA are likely content to carry ESPN outside of their afternoon local shows, would any other station clear RE? I doubt it. FOX Sports already declared their allegiance to Cowherd in that time slot a few years back. Curious if whoever syndicates RE makes a push to get him clearance again in a major market like LA.

Slightly tangential, but I find it funny that 1090 has still retained their “anti-sports-talk-radio-establishment” imaging long after affiliating with arguably that biggest sports monolith there is, ESPN (and now carrying a large part of their schedule!)

Driving my better half to work this morning and I noticed 1090 is no longer carrying the Rich Eisen show and is now all ESPN Radio through mornings and middays. Given that both XEPRS and KLAA are likely content to carry ESPN outside of their afternoon local shows, would any other station clear RE? I doubt it. FOX Sports already declared their allegiance to Cowherd in that time slot a few years back. Curious if whoever syndicates RE makes a push to get him clearance again in a major market like LA.

Slightly tangential, but I find it funny that 1090 has still retained their “anti-sports-talk-radio-establishment” imaging long after affiliating with arguably that biggest sports monolith there is, ESPN (and now carrying a large part of their schedule!)
Ive already stated my opinion on which station needs to add sports programming 🤷🏽‍♂️ 😂

There will not be an fm sports station in la. The alt stations Kroq and Kysr are not going away and just throw this in indie 103.1 which I loved is not going to be resurrected.

It looks like Westwood One distributes it with an additional deal with Audacy to amplify distribution digitally

The show is owned and operated by Eisen himself which (IMO) is a barrier for re-entry. It seems like in major markets, sports radio networks want an all-or-nothing carriage deal, so you’ve got KLAA and 1090 clearing more and more of ESPN Radio instead of picking and choosing shows. There’s a pipe dream of Audacy integrating Eisen into their Infinity Sports Network lineup, but that isn’t even cleared here, with KCBS instead airing Audacy’s gambling-focused “BetQL” network on their HD3

It looks like Westwood One distributes it with an additional deal with Audacy to amplify distribution digitally

The show is owned and operated by Eisen himself which (IMO) is a barrier for re-entry. It seems like in major markets, sports radio networks want an all-or-nothing carriage deal, so you’ve got KLAA and 1090 clearing more and more of ESPN Radio instead of picking and choosing shows. There’s a pipe dream of Audacy integrating Eisen into their Infinity Sports Network lineup, but that isn’t even cleared here, with KCBS instead airing Audacy’s gambling-focused “BetQL” network on their HD3
Dan Patrick owns his show as well I think, but he has a deal with Fox Sports.

Back
Top Bottom