• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NFBY podcast issues

Can somebody with the knowledge tell me why it's so hard to record and save a podcast properly? Seems like the NF Barry Young show has at least one bad or unavailable podcast a week. For example, just this past week (1/12/12, 7am) there is a "due to technical difficulties…" error; on 1/13, the 7am podcast restarts about 3/4 of the way through. The one on Monday, Jan 9, ends abruptly (during the Ann Coulter segment…no comments please).

These are the podcasts on the webpage not the ones from iTunes, which I haven't checked.

I don't have knowledge on how to record and create a podcast properly, but I surely do have knowledge in regard to downloading, saving, and playing them back............ and one thing I can surely tell you is that just downloading and saving can be a bit challenging, so I can only imagine what the recording and saving process is like!

Let me explain; The podcasts are daily, or at least put out most days of the week. The reason you download / save them is because you want to listen to them at a later time. What happens, though, is that you don't always get around to doing that like you thought you would (or you forget to delete 'em after listening). Next thing you know, many days go by you have an incredible amount of podcasts eating up your computer space and you know very well you'll probably never get around to (all of) them. However, you don't know which one to delete because everyone you click on to delete suddenly becomes that one you should keep and listen to!

It's enough to drive you nuts!

Not only that, but if you don't keep track of your podcasts, you'll have a bunch of them downloading while your on vacation or away or during times you're not even thinking about it. There's nothing like turning on your computer in May then seeing a bunch of podcasts dating all the way back to like.................. well, September 12th or so, .. and then wondering WHICH one to play first!

Eh!

It's hard enough being on the receiving end of the podcasts, so I could only imagine being the recorder, creator and organizer of them and doing them properly! Big Hmph at that!

urmanega said:
Can somebody with the knowledge tell me why it's so hard to record and save a podcast properly? Seems like the NF Barry Young show has at least one bad or unavailable podcast a week. For example, just this past week (1/12/12, 7am) there is a "due to technical difficulties…" error; on 1/13, the 7am podcast restarts about 3/4 of the way through. The one on Monday, Jan 9, ends abruptly (during the Ann Coulter segment…no comments please).

These are the podcasts on the webpage not the ones from iTunes, which I haven't checked.

Babinski has equipment problems sometimes. Some were missing last month when he was training Nick Nack to cover for him. I have e-mailed him when he posted an old podcast and once when he swapped Barry and Jim Sharpe podcasts.

Sometimes it's equipment, other times it is operator error.

Just my $0.02

tangledup7 said:
Who does the podcasting for these shows? Is it the producer? The Boardop? Certainly it's not the host, right?

It's not the host. For Barry Young and Jim Sharpe, it is Andrew Babinski. He has several titles. The board op does the podcast for most of the programs that I download.

KDM 7000 said:
Isn't Andrew the Vice Co-Host of Cross Cultural Conclusions?

Program Director, screener for life, and director of cross cultural sensitivity. Barry added others that I don't recall. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom