• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Next Format Change in West Palm

With the passing of the Jack rumors to 103.1, what do you all think might be the next format change on the FM dial in the West Palm market? Believe it or not, I think things are going to be stable for awhile, but I could be wrong. My best guess would still be that the Buzz is most likely to change, but then again, their last overall 12+ trends were better than Wild's. Any thoughts?

> going to be stable for awhile, but I could be wrong. My
> best guess would still be that the Buzz is most likely to
> change, but then again, their last overall 12+ trends were
> better than Wild's. Any thoughts?

Have to wait and see how Roth does, and how the listeners react to the show. I heard the first show via an aircheck from NYC and thought it was great but maybe too "high IQ" for Buzz listeners...When I tried to tune it in from Miami via DX, I honestly heard what seemed to be a segue of alt. songs...Didn't know what was up, if it was really the Buzz or tropo from elsewhere. Again, the IQ issue was Roth played some of his own music collection (or so he said), like a Maxi Priest obscure song from 90 that I'm sure the Drowning Pool/Slipknot kids going to SOA probably threw up when they heard it. Also spending time defining the word "Weird" in a way so profound that most "little Buzzies" (as Summers called them) probably stared at the Delco in immense confusion for quite some time, if they didn't flee to Kevin & Virginia.

What do y'all in West Palm think of DLR compared to previous morning offerings on PBZ??

Thus far, Roth seems a bit too cerebral and not sufficiently "fun" for former Stern listeners. All in all, I think it is too soon to tell. Whether or not Roth's future is tied with that of the Buzz remains to be seen. However, I stand by my original prediction that the Buzz is likliest the next casualty in the world of format changes...

> Thus far, Roth seems a bit too cerebral and not sufficiently
> "fun" for former Stern listeners. All in all, I think it is
> too soon to tell. Whether or not Roth's future is tied with
> that of the Buzz remains to be seen. However, I stand by my
> original prediction that the Buzz is likliest the next
> casualty in the world of format changes...
>

Just wondering, can you pick up WHDR worth a hoot in West Palm?

Radio-X<P ID="signature">______________
"Raindrops on Roses
Happy Disney Animals
This make my parts hurt." -Fight Club</P>

> Just wondering, can you pick up WHDR worth a hoot in West
> Palm?

All Gannett Tower stations can be picked up well in WPB, and as Classical WTMI the station enjoyed excellent ratings in Palm Beach.

The question is: "Is WHDR worth a Hoot to Listen To, even if I were on 441 Proper, mere feet from the Gannett Tower?"

No.

After decades of great imaging on Rock stations in SoFla, the years of the Sleazy Weasel and all those "she's only rock & roll" window stickers on WSHE, the "Rock & Roll Animals on GTR", the great Gregg Steele and later Malcolm Ryker voicework on Zeta, and stuff like the snowbird/retiree spoofs on PBZ, we get a station who's best 'attitude' is (drumroll!)

"The Most Rock, Period"...

Bravo Cox!!!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by bossmsx on 01/21/06 12:56 PM.</FONT></P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom