• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NEWS! CRAZY CABBIE! COLEMAN/MURTI! RICK ROBERTS! HENDRIE! MIX 102.7!

SPRINGFIELDRAD

Inactive
Inactive User
The clock is ticking down! CRAZY CABBIE, former 92.3 WXRK jock, gets released from jail in a few weeks. Reports coming from the Stern camp. Cabbie is still writing letters to Sirius' HOWARD STERN and WFNY GM TOM CHIUSANO...660 AM WFAN baseball reporters ED COLEMAN (NY METS) & SWEENY MURTI (NY YANKEES) will team up Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Mets visit da Bronz this weekend for some action...RICK ROBERTS, the morning guy on San Diego's KFMB-AM, was a smash last night (Monday) filling-in for MICHAEL SAVAGE on the SAVAGE NATION (heard in Gotham on 710AM WOR). What a show! Brilliant! Roberts should be the only guy to fill-in for Dr. Savage...Friday night national radio guy PHIL HENDRIE went out smoking! Blasting the suits who run the radio biz. Thanks Phil for the years of great radio. A few weeks ago I'm driving in my car listening to Phil on 810 WGY (ALBANY). I hear Phil playing one of my bits with radio talk legend BRUCE WILLIAMS. It's very rare for Phil to play other talents bits. I almost drove off the road. Thanks Phil!...Does MIX 102.7 WNEW really need 16 jocks on their roster? Just asking...This mornin' on SIRIUS 37 THE STROBE we heard BOY KRAZY's "THATS WHAT LOVE CAN DO", CHERYL LYNN's "GOT TO BE REAL" and DONNA SUMMER's "LOVE IS IN CONTROL". Talk about a great three in a row. That's a TRIFECTA! You can't hear that stuff on the AM/FM radio dial. I have no problem paying Sirius $ 13 bucks to hear great music...WFAN's EVAN ROBERTS enjoys a good round of golf from time to time. He's a lefty. Hard to find clubs...J.J. WALKER/SPYDER HARRISON/THE JAMMER is still on top of his game on several Sirius channels. That guy is a great jock..."More hits than a gallon of Hawaiian Punch" sweeper can be heard on Sirius TOTALLY '70s...Best sweeper on the radio these days goes to the one Sirius 43 BACK SPIN. "When the sh-t was dope!"...Stern crew member, RICHARD CHRISTY, is out of control with his prank phone calls to local public access TV shows. Keep it up Rusty! Off the hook!...What the heck is wrong with the audio on Sirius 102 STARS? I tried to listen to DEE SNIDER's new show on Friday night. Major error! Sounds like Dee is on a CB radio or a $ 19.99 RADIO SHACK MICROPHONE...Per ALL ACCESS BILLY HAMMOND, former night jock at Z-100 WHTZ, will join the staff at Chicago's 103.5 KISS FM. Didn't Billy do a few shows at Long Island's 106.1 WBLI after he left Z-100?....ROLLYE JAMES made her debut on 810 WGY last night. I was a little shocked when going over the number of radio stations that carry her show. Not many. Yes, I know she's on XM RADIO...Congrats to WLIB/AIR AMERICA host RANDI RHODES on her new contract. Back in the day when she jocked at 103.5 WAPP she would put me on her promos...Never knew this one. Per WIKIPEDIA, NY YANKEES radio guy, JOHN STERLING, birth name was HAROLD MOSKOWITZ...Also, yesterday ALL ACCESS gave a happy b-day salute to WLTW's RICK SOMMERS. Is Rick back on LITE? He's not listed on their Web site...Is it time for 770 WABC's RUSH LIMBAUGH to hire a new PR rep? I would say so...Will Michael Savage sell his 1965 Caddy to a listener?...107.5 WBLS' EDDIE LOVE got us to laugh. During a recent remote from THE SHADOW (nite club in NYC) he advised any guys coming to the gig to please put on some shoes & clothes. Isn't that a given? Love spent a few days in the Dominican Republic on vacation. He states he's now a little extra tan...I never heard this one. Last night on DELILAH (heard on a few area radio stations) a gentleman called in to request a tune from CHRISTOPHER CROSS. Delilah asked him was it for a special lady? No. He wanted to hear the tune because an old TV commercial used the song. OK. More to come!

SPRINGFIELDRAD said:
The clock is ticking down! CRAZY CABBIE, former 92.3 WXRK jock, gets released from jail in a few weeks. Reports coming from the Stern camp. Cabbie is still writing letters to Sirius' HOWARD STERN and WFNY GM TOM CHIUSANO...

Oh dear... does Cabbie even realize who is working mornings at 92.3?

kinda funny...
I was about to post something on if anyone knew when he was gonna get out of Jail. I as also gonna post when he does if he was gonna return to WFNY or go elsewhere
anyone know?

Starscream said:
SPRINGFIELDRAD said:
The clock is ticking down! CRAZY CABBIE, former 92.3 WXRK jock, gets released from jail in a few weeks. Reports coming from the Stern camp. Cabbie is still writing letters to Sirius' HOWARD STERN and WFNY GM TOM CHIUSANO...

Jamie said:
kinda funny...
I was about to post something on if anyone knew when he was gonna get out of Jail. I as also gonna post when he does if he was gonna return to WFNY or go elsewhere
anyone know?

Starscream said:
SPRINGFIELDRAD said:

Where would Cabbie fit? Although I think it's awkward to hear Neer introducing new and modern rock acts, I much rather hear him at 1am than Cabbie.

Did you ever hear Cabby's crossover talk at 2am with dead air dave or the other dj's I used to like that last summer.

(-My bad on the spelling last post I am slowly getting better at proofreading at least when your on the radio all you have to worry about is talking from cue cars lol)

Starscream said:
Jamie said:
kinda funny...
anyone know?

Starscream said:
SPRINGFIELDRAD said:

Where would Cabbie fit? Although I think it's awkward to hear Neer introducing new and modern rock acts, I much rather hear him at 1am than Cabbie.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom