• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Traditional Soft AC in South Carolina

WWNU 92.1 Irmo, SC (Columbia market) flipped from country as "New 92" to "Carolina 92.1" - "Light Relaxing Easy Favorites" on 07/30/10. Playlist looks very WDUV-like, maybe a little more uptempo.

Sample hour from yes.com:

John Lennon - Woman
Peabo Bryson/Regina Belle - A Whole New World
Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
Commodores - Oh No
America - Horse With No Name
Natalie & Nat Cole - Unforgettable
Anita Baker - Sweet Love
Little River Band - Reminiscing
Paul Davis - Cool Night
Hall & Oates - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Billy Joel - Leave A Tender Moment Alone
Jim Croce - Operator
Journey - Open Arms
Marvin & Tammi - Ain't Nothin' Like The Real Thing

ChrisInMI said:
WWNU 92.1 Irmo, SC (Columbia market) flipped from country as "New 92" to "Carolina 92.1" - "Light Relaxing Easy Favorites" on 07/30/10. Playlist looks very WDUV-like, maybe a little more uptempo.

Sample hour from yes.com:

John Lennon - Woman
Peabo Bryson/Regina Belle - A Whole New World
Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
Commodores - Oh No
America - Horse With No Name
Natalie & Nat Cole - Unforgettable
Anita Baker - Sweet Love
Little River Band - Reminiscing
Paul Davis - Cool Night
Hall & Oates - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Billy Joel - Leave A Tender Moment Alone
Jim Croce - Operator
Journey - Open Arms
Marvin & Tammi - Ain't Nothin' Like The Real Thing

Listening to it now...I like it! :)
Thanks for sharing the info.

This is good news. I can pick up this station. I had a button set for Myrtle Beach's Star 92.1 just to hear how outrageous it was--and so I could hear Chcuk Boozer when I was there. But I don't pick that station up most places around here, and the former New 92.1 was blocking it out.

Something I could actually stand to listen to when I'm out of range of my standards station.

I'm listening now. The website is still for "New Country 92." But it's soft A/C. Thanks ChrisInMI for posting this. Sounds Good !

Okay, I picked it up for a total of five seconds. But it sounded good. "September Morn" by Neil Diamond.

I was at the top of a long hill going south.

I guess this means I don't have something to turn to if the air condtioning is on or there's a ball game or it's dark.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom