• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NEW SYNDICATION BOOK/GUIDE?

R

R Dub!

I've been syndicated for about seven years now--I started myself from the ground-up; today on 50+ markets and growing. I spent most of this year working on a new book that I hope will help people who are interested in syndicating their show.

Check out www.rdub.com if you're wondering about trying syndication or knows someone who is.

Thanks Mike. I hope you enjoy it, and I am also looking for honest feedback/critique on the book--looking forward to hearing what you thought of it.

Hope all is well in your world!

I will give you feed back. I have been looking for a book like this for a while.

I just ordered it but it really pi&&ed me off to discover that shipping was 5-15 days for US Mail, yet 1 day in the UK!!!!!. I appreciate that is a Lulu issue rather than yours but it seemed to imply it would be shipped from the UK rather than the US. (I prefer the printed copy rather than a pdf!).

Looking forward to it all the same :)

Hey Ho.

Really, ONE day in the UK? Weird.

Anyway, thank you and I hope you enjoy!

R Dub! said:
Really, ONE day in the UK? Weird.

Anyway, thank you and I hope you enjoy!

It actually arrived after about 3 days after the email said it was coming so a lot better than expected which was good. (I believe they must print UK orders in the UK and 1st class mail is next-day for 95% of the country).

I've read about half of it so far and it's a good read. Informative in that it really does re-iterate what should be known at the outset. One thing I really do like is that nowhere do you say "You can make millions overnight" which is great. Perserverance and a good polished product and you might make it. No BS. :)

I finished reading the book! I will tell you the book is working for me. If you have any questions about how to syndicate a show or even have a thought about doing it the book will answer all the questions P.S. I read the book twice!

I will say YES buy the book. It did and it does have a lot of information in it as to start up and also if you have a show going already.

My thing is how stations rate on weekend, am i misunderstanding that on the weekend there is no ratings. How do you get the rating's?

Or if there is how does one get them?

What is the PROOF that your show is real good?

If it is based on callers?

The numbers for the weekend?

Hey Cago,

Yes, weekends are rated...every daypart, 6AM-12M. For example, my show airs Sunday nights from 8PM-12M, and I can see specific ratings for that time slot: 12+, teens, 25-54, women, men, etc. This is all assuming we are talking about a "rated" market. Some tiny markets are not measured by Arbitron.

A lot of phone calls on the show can sometimes be an indicator, but in the end, Program Directors want to see great ratings. Many times they correlate, sometimes they don't.

Good luck my friend!

I still pick up the book for information. I have 4 stations 1 FM, 3 internet that air my show.

just saw this thread, but if it's not too late to chime in- R-Dub is one of best to have ever used the self syndication model to set up a great business. If you want to succeed in radio syndication, don't stumble around...get the book!

www.syndicationtalk.com

The book works. I have 6 stations carrying my show 2 FM and 4 Internet. R Dub is a master mind!

Thanks man.

Overnight data IS available. I'm not sure if the numbers are really "counted" overall (meaning most stations/clients use 6AM-12M as the "full day" marker), but yes, you can pull data from overnights. I'm on one station from 12M-4AM and look at the ratings for that period often.

Most syndicators/advertisers won't give you credit for overnights though, even if the AQH is there, which I don't agree with. Audience is audience, at any time of the day.

Use Mackie SR 24.4 has Radio Production Board?

Just finished your book.
I wish I would have came across it when I first setup my studio.

Question:Can I Use Mackie SR 24.4 has Radio Production Board?

*Looking to purchase Broadcast Tools ProMix 12.
Goal to Produce and Launch a Radio Broadcast from DAW Home Studio Rig.Can I integrate my Mackie SR24.4 in the audio chain.Add some kind of telephone interface to record/monitor phone calls and interviews?
* Home Studio Rig setup *
1. Mac Intel - Core 2 Duo
2. Pro Tools LE (ver 8.0)
3. Digi002 rack -Audio Interface
4. Midisport 4 x4 - MIDI interface
5. Keystation 49e - MIDI controller
6. Mackie 8 chan master control
7. MPC2000xl
8. Rokit 5/Event Studio Precision -powered Monitors
9. (2)-Sound Mod's
10. Mackie SR24.4
11. Rane SL3- Serato Scratch Live
12. 4 Chan-Pioneer DJM-600 - (DJ) Mixer
13. Technicis Turntables - Pioneer CDJ's
14. MXL2001- Condensor Mic- Phantom Power

*Trying to mimc setup of a Radio Stations's Live Control Room.

Hey Antheadz, hope you liked the book.

You certainly "can" use a Mackie for your board...I had to use one once for a temporary set-up and it worked. But if you are looking to mimic a radio studio setup, the PorMix will suit you better. Mackie's certainly will work, but if you want the radio "control board" feeling, it's not gonna be there...the sliders are smaller, turning the mic on won't mute your monitors, and there's no "auto fire" from the board. For me, I hate that...I have to have a "radio" board...good news is that they've become AMAZINGLY less expensive than just 5-6 years ago...in fact, the ProMix is cheaper than most Mackeys!

Again, this all comes down to personal preference. If you not doing much live song-to-song transitions, or recording live, production boards work fine. But in my case, I record my show live and play every element and song (vs. laying down tracks), and I love the feel of a radio board.

I hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom