• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New station? Translator?

I am in the Heights and they are playing songs in English 101.5 FM right now they are playing happy from despicable me 2. And it is battling against 101.5 radio Amistad.

I've had spotty reception of KHSX-LP at 1-10 and Studemont, which is a little over seven miles from the transmitter. I would think you would find some sweet spots for the signal in the Heights area, and is probably what you are hearing.

The mess that is the 101.5 frequency in the Houston area.
KLJJ and KOER are a little under 17 miles apart, but meet the separation requirements. And KHSX does battle the KHCB translator on the 288 corridor between the I-69 split and the South Loop.

Couple of things about KLJJ: Its transmitting antenna is mounted on what was the old KJOJ 106.9 STL tower (the KJOJ studios were in the adjoining building.) Also heard a clever liner on KLJJ's Christian Music format while in The Woodlands recently: "The best music of yesterday, today, and forever."

@Mrtejano I couldn't get the stream to play, but maybe it's my browser. That site's been around since 2016 at least but never made it on the air on FM. I think the site is by someone who was gonna utilize KHSX, then canceled their plans and forgot to take the site down. In any case, KHSX appears to not be the same programming as the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mrtejano I couldn't get the stream to play, but maybe it's my browser. That site's been around since 2016 at least but never made it on the air on FM. I think the site is by someone who was gonna utilize KHSX, then canceled their plans and forgot to take the site down. In any case, KHSX appears to not be the same programming as the website.
There were once two different websites branded as KHSX, but only one was actually connected to the FM. I can't find the "real" website during a quick Google search. Radio-locator links to the "wrong" one.

When is that one supposed to be on air? And how far north will it reach? I mean how much will it reach houston?
It is not nearly back on the air. If it gets back on, it will probably cover Bolivar, Galveston and even up to Clear Lake like before.

They do have a Facebook page. Log into Facebook
They're also on TuneIn but that listing has no working stream and the number 2 in the title, I guess to distinguish it from the other one.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom