• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Radio Station in the Ohio Valley?

F

feeball

For about a week now I have heard squeaks about either an entirely new station coming to town (?) or a current station flipping formats.

Anyone out there got any ideas or is heaing the same thing?

Haven't heard anything.

Of course, it'd help if you'd identify what "town" in the Ohio Valley...Steubenville/Wheeling? Marietta/Parkersburg? Athens? :)

Well, since Keymarket doesn't use Arbitron, we really don't know what any ratings look like. My guess? If anything 100.5 flips from Jack to ABC's Today's hits format and recalled... WOMPFM! Just a meer guess.

It was the Steubenville/Wheeling area.

As far as WOMP FM, I think those call letters are in another market on the FM dial. Of course, I could be wrong.

Ohio radio man said:
Well, since Keymarket doesn't use Arbitron, we really don't know what any ratings look like. My guess? If anything 100.5 flips from Jack to ABC's Today's hits format and recalled... WOMPFM! Just a meer guess.

From my limited knowledge of the radio scene down there...that would not at all surprise me. But I don't get many rumblings from that area...

How in the hell is k-love eating up all these radio stations? lol. When I lived in Charleroi, there were at least three that I could pick up and here in Mercer County there are at least two in our listening area. How is this happening? Would be great to see WOMP come back though I was a huge fan and upset when it went away, but then again it, like b-94 is probably best left in the past. lol But ya, if 100.5 is going k-love that will be a blowtorch compared to their other signals. lol

I should have mentioned I referred to when I was living in Charleroi......PA! lol Sorry, forgot which board I was on.

mc_billy_bob said:
How in the hell is k-love eating up all these radio stations? lol. When I lived in Charleroi, there were at least three that I could pick up and here in Mercer County there are at least two in our listening area. How is this happening?

Translators, my friend. They're cheap, and K-Love can have them all over the map. Their engineering folks are particularly good at getting the most "bang for the buck" with these little signals.

Here in Northeast Ohio, K-Love has a little 10 watt 102.5 translator in Akron...on the same stick as full-power commercial station WONE/97.5...which runs its "Air1" younger-skewing Christian rock format.

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bi..._cp=Y&sr=Y&s=C&sid=> /form#113257914684052331

That thing gets out!

WOMP will be WOMP for a long time, not those stupid calls Keymarket stuck on 100.5.

Not aware that anyone around Wheeling changed recently--what frequency is this "new" station on?

I am very curious to hear what it could be. Did something happen to 94.1, that LP in Wheeling?

Ok, the best I can come up with is,
WEIR 1430 Weirton, WV has flipped to Sports. They are sister to WCDK Catiz, OH They carry Dan Pattrick, Jim Rome, and I would assume FSR. I heard promos while listening to my local high school team the other night.

That's "Cadiz", birthplace of Clark Gable!

:D

WCDK is aka "106.3 the River", a classic hits rimshot FM station serving Wheeling/Steubenville.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom