• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New online/app channels

SiriusXM has rolled out a series of Deep Cuts channels, such as:

These channels are just part of our huge launch of over 40 new app-only music channels this fall, so stay tuned for even more!

But that's not all! They've rolled out jockless versions of 60s Gold, 70s on 7, Prime Country, Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl and Soul Town.

I tried out Prime Country Deep Cuts for an hour or so. The first two songs I heard were both Billboard country No. 1s, one by Clint Black, the other by Lorrie Morgan. I couldn't recall the last time I'd heard either song on Prime Country, though. The other tracks played fit the same mold: substantial Billboard hits by significant artists of the time, but not programmed regularly, if at all, by Prime Country.

I checked out 80s on 8 Deep Cuts, from memory I heard "I Know There's Something Going On"-Frida; something the Commodores with the word "Celebrate" that I sorta recognized, and something from Madonna before "Holiday".

I checked out 80s on 8 Deep Cuts, from memory I heard "I Know There's Something Going On"-Frida; something the Commodores with the word "Celebrate" that I sorta recognized, and something from Madonna before "Holiday".
Wasn't "Holiday" her first hit? I didn't realize anything previous by her got much airplay.

"Holiday" was indeed her first hit. Before that, in 1982, she hit #3 on the US Dance chart with "Everybody" which is what 80s on 8 Deep Cuts played. I had never heard it or heard of it

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom