• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Oldies Format at 92.3 in Jacksonville...

WQSL, which had been "Urban AC" for several years, switched to a "Oldies" format as of this week, i was listening to them online and noticed a mix of hits from the 1950's and 1960's, with some custom jingles from the era, include a chime that a station in New York City used during their music era, i'm not sure if they are "live", voicetracking, or using a satellite service, but according to "Radio Insight", they are not sure if this will be what they program down the road, i can't see them succeeding with it, because of WNCT-FM in Greenville, maybe they should consider going Sports, which would work better since they hit two different radio markets.

Looks like this is indeed a placeholder.

The website of the previous format, carolinatouch.com, has a splash page indicating that it'll be flipping to "Jack FM". Not only that, but it'll apparently simulcast with 101.1 WQZL as well. Meaning that it's bye-bye "SAM"...

Also, technically these 2 stations serve the same market but the signals don't cover the entire market. Hence, the upcoming simulcast...

This whole "format change" is strange to me.

I don't see what has been accomplished that couldn't also have been done by just simulcasting 101.1 Sam FM on 92.3. Unless Westwood One is discontinuing the Sam FM feed or something?

Sam FM actually had a better music mix and it seems like the commercial load on Jack is waaaaay higher. From what I can tell, Jack is also coming off the bird. It isn't local.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom