• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Jacksonville, FL soft ac

Not the first time someone has tried to duplicate the WDUV format in Jacksonville. I remember when 94.1 WSOS tried it a few years ago. Sounded good but didn't last.

A big difference from the Tampa and Miami markets is that Jacksonville still has Standards (WJAX) and old-school Beautiful Music (WKTZ). It will be interesting to see what kind of impact this has.

Do they have an online stream?

I googled 106.1 Jacksonville FL and it stated there are no stations in Jacksonville FL on 106.1 Can you give call letters?

The station is W291CI Jacksonville, a new FM translator on 106.1 FM. The station is fed via Cox Radio's WJGL (96.9 FM) HD2.

Cox in Atlanta has a great standards format on WSB HD-2 They call it Relaxing Easy Favorites. They do a nice job! :)

It was a stunt. The station is now Urban "Power 106.1." It was reported that the station was playing the same songs in a loop over and over, which tipped off listeners to the idea that it might not be the permanent format.

Sure wish it wasn't so...but, soft AC on the radio...especially music that was recorded before 1990...is a rapidly dying breed. Sad.

That's why I keep saying...I love my MP3 player. Only have a 20g Sony...and only have 6g of unused space left. May buy a new 50g or so model...so, I have enough room going forward.

I use Windows Media Player on my laptop....and every few weeks I dub certain tracks from various sources (from my own CDs, relatives, libraries)....then sync to the MP3 player/recorder. It's taken about about a year or so to built up over 2,000 songs. Cool, huh?

So...who needs radio to hear the songs we all love? (Even some Led Zep and 60's, 70's, and 80's top 40/rock too).

But, the soft AC/soft top 40 oldies...those dudes are nearly gone from radio stations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom