• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Call Letters for 106.7

With EMF's takeover of 106.7 on Saturday, the call letters will reportedly change from WYAY to WAKL.

So we will be listening to the all new Wackle.

I can hear the promos now: "I Wackle in the car." "I Wackle on the beach." "When I'm feeling down and out, I Wackle." On second thought. . .probably not.

With EMF's takeover of 106.7 on Saturday, the call letters will reportedly change from WYAY to WAKL.

So we will be listening to the all new Wackle.

I can hear the promos now: "I Wackle in the car." "I Wackle on the beach." "When I'm feeling down and out, I Wackle." On second thought. . .probably not.

What happens to EMF-owned WAKL in Flint, MI?

I see on the FCC website that the WYAY call letters have been used since 6/25/1984. That’s a really long time. 35 years would put this into the heritage call letters category I would think. I am somewhat surprised they didn’t keep these.

I see on the FCC website that the WYAY call letters have been used since 6/25/1984. That’s a really long time. 35 years would put this into the heritage call letters category I would think. I am somewhat surprised they didn’t keep these.

There is a competing Christian radio format known at WAY-FM.

They might qualify as "heritage" by age, but when was the last time the station was branded with its call letters? Was it ever known broadly as WYAY?

They might qualify as "heritage" by age, but when was the last time the station was branded with its call letters? Was it ever known broadly as WYAY?

They were known as Y106 during their country days...lot of people enjoyed Rhubarb Jones during that time.

I've got a cap that says Eagle 106.7.
I wonder how long it will be before we hear, "Do you like what you hear? Think about supporting us. Your $30 a month donation will go a long way in spreading the gospel around the world."

On the commercial FM dial, as I recall:

WZGC: 1972 (formerly WGKA-FM)
WSTR: 1989 (formerly WQXI-FM and WKXI-FM)
WSB-FM: 1948
WKHX: 1981 (formerly WBIE-FM)
WVEE: 1977 (formerly WPLO-FM)

That is what Kim is saying that he will be the last show so maybe he will run to 7 then K love takes over or maybe k love takes over at 6 or will mark Levin air for the how and that Peterson is the last local content on the station

Seems to me some of these stations have actually signed off for a few hours before returning as K Love. Not sure if that's happening here.

I haven't seen the filings on the FCC site for WYAY yet, but assuming they got a local studio wavier all they really need is one rack of equipment at the transmitter site with the audio processing, the PC that inserts the local ID, EAS box, and a remote control system which can switch to and run the 2 auxiliary sites* if needed. I never realize 106.7 was “bullet proof” with a triple redundant backup transmitters. I am assuming Salem (tower owner) will allow them to put up the required satellite dish at the tower if there isn’t one there already. If such a set-up is in place come switch over time someone possibly local or at K-Loves control point will stop using the audio from the STL that has the Cumulus audio and use the K-Love audio after the station ID.

* https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/...&slat2=&NS=N&dlon2=&mlon2=&slon2=&EW=W&size=9

I suspect the switch over will be painfully efficient for the WYAY fans and staff . K-Love has done this many times.

I haven't seen the filings on the FCC site for WYAY yet, but assuming they got a local studio wavier all they really need is one rack of equipment at the transmitter site with the audio processing, the PC that inserts the local ID, EAS box, and a remote control system which can switch to and run the 2 auxiliary sites* if needed.

There is no longer a "main studio waiver" process since the main studio rule was repealed by Chairman Pai and the FCC a couple of years ago.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom