• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Bull DJ on the air?

jimbo722

Inactive
Inactive User
There's an unfamiliar voice on the Bull this morning. My guess is that it's Paul Koffee, the guy that will be doing Mid-days. It's good to see the Bull adding on air talent, but I wish they would let them introduce themselves to the audience, take some calls and get to know their listeners.

ok, kind of weird replying to my own post, but I just heard Paul Koffee identify himself on the air. Maybe now the powers that be at the Bull will let their DJ's open up a bit and be more peronable with the listeners.
Anyway, from what I've heard, Paul seems like he's got a sense of humor and is showing it on the air. That's a good sign. I'm hoping their on air talent are more than just line readers.

Worked/work with Paul Koffy in Tampa. Great guy and very creative. Your first post was 35 minutes after he started on his first day. Heck takes that long just to get the chair to the right height and the mic pointed in the right direction. Not to mention figure out the board. Gezz give them a chance to introduce themselves. From what I understand he is 8am-2pm. Paul is great with listners and interacts with them all the time. Enjoy.................Bevis

cokebevis said:
Worked/work with Paul Koffy in Tampa. Great guy and very creative. Your first post was 35 minutes after he started on his first day. Heck takes that long just to get the chair to the right height and the mic pointed in the right direction. Not to mention figure out the board. Gezz give them a chance to introduce themselves. From what I understand he is 8am-2pm. Paul is great with listners and interacts with them all the time. Enjoy.................Bevis

Bevis.
I was refering also to the fact that Lance Houston has been on the air now for awhile and has yet to say his name, maybe they were waiting until they beefed up the air staff. I also heard Paul later on give away something to a listener and talked to her a bit, so it seems like things are progressing along nicely. A morning show shouldn't be too far off (hopefully local), and they need to get a weekend staff too. So far, I liked what I heard from Paul.

No problem, you just mentioned Paul so that is what I was responding to in the post. It has been my experience that often with a format flip that if a person is not using a name or interacting very much they may not be permanent and are just a voice to add until they find what they are looking for in that spot. Around here they often wait ramp up the air talent (like Paul) build the show slowly so it is not like a wham to the listeners.

This morning I heard Paul Koffy say, "I don't have time to give you the details over the ramp to an Alabama song." That was cool but was the first time I ever heard a jock say that on the radio! Maybe tomorrow he'll say, "If I don't stop talking, I won't hit the post."

Clay yesterday emailed me and said they should have a morning show announcement next week, just in time for the Braves season and the spring book.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom