• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New 24/7 Format coming- "Timeless Cool"

"Timeless Cool" seems like a blending of Adult Standards and Smooth Jazz.

Will be delivered on a satellite channel.

They've posted more information on their web site. 3 minutes of network avails per hour, I'm guessing no jocks. http://www.timelesscoolmusic.com/

From the "Sample Hour" page:
Micheal Buble, Nora Jones, Ella Fitzgerald, Madeline Peyroux (all largely under the category of "Jazz" artists)
Paul Simon, Van Morrison, Carly Simon ("oldies"/standards/soft AC artists)

I suspect this would be a good format for the top end of the "sales demo". It could be interesting to see how the standards integrate with the jazz.

Format launches on Monday. I'd love to know if anyone in your area picks it up. Anyone know who is behind this?

PTBoardOp94 said:
"Timeless Cool" seems like a blending of Adult Standards and Smooth Jazz.

With a title like that, I thought at first maybe it was what "Timeless" is morphing into! I like the idea of it though. Curious theory about the 2 formats merging. I believe it's what they're doing on WMJX-HD2 (Boston). The smooth jazz is the format, but at last listen, about once per hour, they featured a "smooth jazz classic" ... which was often Sinatra, Bobby Darin, or some other "standards" artist!

I like the idea; especially if this is the same format heard on WNTD Chicago, WOVM and WZRK in Wisconsin. What I'd suggest is that in addition to playing the music they already do, that new age/classical artists such as Celtic Woman and Secret Garden be added as well.

....and last but not least, if this is the case, could a Washington or Baltimore area broadcaster get this format on their station SOON....PLEASE!!!

It is indeed WOVM from Appleton and WNTD is an affiliate. Their format is a mix of Standards, Traditional Jazz, Smooth Jazz, Blues and some soft older pop. They are going for what we call Genre programming rather than Generational with a very eclectic mix. They are still fine tuning it a little but are pretty much zeroed in. It definitely has a unique feel to it. I know their management as I manage one of the recording artists on their playlist and from what they told me last week they have had a very strong response to their rollout.

amlover said:
vchimpanzee said:
Dial Global played "Breezin'" by George Benson this morning. 8)

"Breezin" has been in the MOYL rotation. What's so new about Dial Global playing it?
It may not be new there. But it wasn't on Timeless Classics for the longest time, at least not when I was listening. Now I declare it to be the best smooth jazz instrumental ever. Okay, second best behind "Feels So Good".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom