• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Negotiation between Tegna and DirevTV...

Looks like the negotiations between Tegna and DirecTV broke down. We lost KING 5 and KONG 16 here in the Seattle area on DirecTV. Had to resort to my household's OTA antenna to pick them up.

Why does this always happen? I thought there was a must-carry rule?

Looks like the negotiations between Tegna and DirecTV broke down. We lost KING 5 and KONG 16 here in the Seattle area on DirecTV. Had to resort to my household's OTA antenna to pick them up.

There is a must carry rule, but TEGNA wants their retransmission consent fees too (known as 'Retrans'). If AT&T/DirectTV doesn't want to pay, then TEGNA won't grant consent to carry their stations.

There is a must carry rule, but TEGNA wants their retransmission consent fees too (known as 'Retrans'). If AT&T/DirectTV doesn't want to pay, then TEGNA won't grant consent to carry their stations.
The FCC needs to put caps on those fees.

What kind of antenna do you have whats the mile radius of channels it picks up?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom