• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Need Info- 70's NYC radio news documentary- AWARD Winner

R

retireddj

Hey...

I need some help. Am looking for copies of an old radio documentary....

1... In NYC Steve Young (at least I think it was Steve Young) anchored and produced a news documentary for WNYW, WCBS, some news news-talk station a documentary titled "Marcy: Portrait of a Teen Age Runaway" (might have been just 'portrait of a runaway'). He found a teenage 'hippie' chick supposedly out of Michigan in the Village, did the interview, one side of the phone call him to parents, went into the Village and put together this show.

I do know the show won some radio awards at least in NYC. I had a tape.... yes, 7inch R-R tape of it but that's gone. I think I recall it even being available after that on LP vinyl.

Now in my old age I occasionally teach radio journalism and it was good enough in prodt. techniques and values to to teach this new generation story telling and indepth investigative journalism- with some content they often relate to.

But I need another copy. Can anybody help with information about the show, how to get a copy anymore- anything you can offer is most appreciated.

Thanks...

retireddj

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom