• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Need Help With Some Parts

I am in the process of re-building a Ramco Research DC-8 MS console (don't ask why) I have re-capped the console but I have a problem with the Power amp on board. It is called the SMA on the PC board. The amp I have cannot be fixed as it appears someone shorted out the speaker outs and the PC board has burned places where the transistors and heat sinks were. No lands on the PC board. If anyone has an old DC8 stereo console in a junk pile that hasen't been thrown away, Please let me know. This is the famous (or infamous) touch pads and LED VU meters. Kinda ahead of it's time, The specs aren't too bad for this old console. I think any of this consoles production line would have the same power amp DC4ms DC8MS, and, There was a console made in this series without the touch pads and had a digital colck and timer. If memory serves me it was called a DC38MS.

Perhaps if you have the docs for the board you can use an totally outboard amplifier. I had a couple of Autograms that would blow out the can amplifier modules and all we did was make up jumpers for the sockets and ran an external monitor amp. I'm assuming you mean the monitor amp and not the cue amp.

If you're not scared to do so there are companies that sell repair kits where you can replace the missing or burned traces on the PC board if you want to make the console as close to original as possible.

Thanks Guys, I thought about wiring an external amp but, It would not be a restoration. Kinda like putting a Bow Tie on a Ford.

Can't help...one of my clients has two, one an early DC-8MS that didn't have a speaker amp, and a newer one where the amp PCB cratered just like yours...both had a cheap package amp jury-rigged into them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom