• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ned help making a choice.

T

theradioguy2004

This may have typo's or other mistakes because I had to post it fast because I need answers fast for a decision I am making so please bare with me.

I am considering going to work for a online company that offers career help for program directors and air talent but want to see if any of you think this kind of company would succeed. They have a number of currently working Program director have access to a Major consultant, one person who is with one of the XM channels who is in the programming department and has had been an operations manager in 2 major marketers and programmed in a number of medium markets, another person who has programmed in one major market, several medium markets and is currently a major market production director.

This service will allow jocks to post resumes and aircecks for a fee from $10 to $25.00 a month (Specifically pricing will be detriment as cost of operation are determined), and a free list of jobs openings. For those who want an additional more national version of how they can improve on top of the aircheck critiques by their PD's an aircheck critique will be offered for the same fee range of posting an aircheck mentioned earlier. For anyone looking to get a job who needs a help making sure the aircheck they sent out is the best it can be a career latter aircheck of the aircheck they plan on sending out will be offered for the same fee as above. Finaly for something around $10.00 per question you can ask a career assistance question like how do I get my first job as a PD, dealing with situations were people have been overlooked when a chance for a promotion came up and any other career dilemma.

I am concerted that there is no market for this because so many people have gotten out of radio due to increased lack of job security because of the corporate downsizing and things that are a result of that and so much voicetracing. Another concern I have is young radio people are likely to be so idealistic about there careers they think they don't need any help and experience people think they will not need this kind of service because they know it all.

I do have a great deal of experience on air and programming in several medium markets and one major market but am not a name radio person so while I will help with responding to some of this my main job will be working as the webmaster and promotions person so I do have radio experience. I have a successful online business so I am our of the business however when O was in radio if such a service would have been around I would have used many of these services if they had been around, yet I still have the concerns mentioned earlier.

The are trying to decide how to deal with people contacting the rest of the team directly. They want to give some vague description of the people involved and there experience but are concerned that people will contact these people directly by passing paying, and in general spaming them with questions and so on and everyone but me has a demanding radio job. I work out of my own office so can deal with all this. I need recommendations to deal with this.

Like any good company they will deal with the objections people may have that I am concerned with by having text that shows why people still need these services even with objections they may have. All critiques will be responded to by email after receiving an aircheck via email.
I have done some keyword research and the competition for this type of business is low. Please let me know what you think.

Hey it is a job. Unless your compensation is based on some sort of commissio for the number of jocks that sign up for this service, then it's a no go, bad move. These services have been around forever and I always wonder who actually pays to post their aircheck somewhere because I guarantee that if anyone gets a gig out of such a service it's got to be somewhere like Paducha or Peoria. What major market PD is looking for airchecks that way?.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom