• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NBCUniversal Launches Amost 30 New FAST Channels

Curated with content from past seasons of iconic series including “Saturday Night Live,” “The Real Housewives” franchises, “Top Chef,” and “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” along with Spanish-language entertainment and news from Telemundo including “Historias de Amor,” “Lo Mejor de Telemundo,” and “Telemundo al Día,” the vast NBCU programming portfolio will be made available as unique FAST channels. Hit library television series including “Little House on the Prairie,” “Murder, She Wrote” and “Saved by the Bell,” along with genre-based sitcoms, action, crime, westerns, and monster movie content will also launch as dedicated FAST channels.

NBCUniversal has inked agreements with Amazon Freevee and Xumo Play for the entire FAST content portfolio. Xumo Enterprise, the business-to-business arm of Xumo that provides content owners, distributors and advertisers with tools and services to succeed in FAST, will power the distribution of NBCUniversal’s new FAST channels on third party services starting with Amazon Freevee. With the new launches, NBCUniversal is adding to its industry leading lineup of current channels including Dateline 24/7, NBC News NOW, and Local NBC and Telemundo news stations.

This is NBC syndicating their content to places like Freevee and Xumo Play.

NBC is smart in creating Fast channels not surprised that Save By The Bell gets its own channel with the OG, College Years & New Class which has over 200 EPs combined with the series and 2 movies when the gang went to Hawaii & Zack & Kelly's Wedding. And TNBC channel with the old teen sitcoms which I was a fan of many of the shows Cal Dreams, and Hang Time never saw season 2 other than a few EPs on Fizzy trying to get NBC10 out from Lansing when I had rabbit ears to get only Wood TV because it wasn't on Suckyvision for a whole year in 97 oh I mean Cablevision. In my bedroom was fizzy but did get a picture one month before Wood TV was finally back on the Cablevision lineup did get the rabbit ears from downstairs to get a better picture wasn't bad with the cheap rabbit ears and NBC10 out in Lansing came in just fine in my bedroom almost thought of recording the TNBC lineup then but didn't.

As I watched Hang Time seasons 3 to 6 on ABC Family in the summer of 2003 until Thanksgiving of 03, I watched City Guys when it was on WXMI Fox17 as they put that late night in the 3AM timeslot before sign off with the test pattern, and I'm sure they will air the 2 teen sitcoms that weren't on the TNBC lineup USA High & Malibu CA. Sorry for rambling on and I know no one cares LOL.

I don't understand the thinking. Peacock was supposed to be the go-to streaming/VOD platform, so Comcast goes out and starts another streaming service. Talk about cannibalizing yourself.
Its not any different from Amazon and CBS/Paramount + having free, ad supported streaming channels. If Peacock still had a free tier with no monthly fee (not including Comcast customers that still get Peacock for free) it would be more confusing but Peacock eliminated their free tier.

Its not any different from Amazon and CBS/Paramount + having free, ad supported streaming channels. If Peacock still had a free tier with no monthly fee (not including Comcast customers that still get Peacock for free) it would be more confusing but Peacock eliminated their free tier.
So far the track record has been to offer a free/ad-supported tier, then eliminate it for subscription. Reason is; finding advertisers for streaming is a tough road in the long haul mainly because of competition in the same space.

No free ride on Peacock for anyone anymore. Comcast customers were cut off from their freebie on June 26. They can pay $2.99 a month for the next year if they activate by a certain date later this summer. After that, they'll pay whatever Peacock's standard rate is as of next July.

No free ride on Peacock for anyone anymore. Comcast customers were cut off from their freebie on June 26. They can pay $2.99 a month for the next year if they activate by a certain date later this summer. After that, they'll pay whatever Peacock's standard rate is as of next July.
That was my understanding from the Peacock announcement but i subsequently got an email that I would have free Peacock for 2 more years because of my Comcast internet service.

That was my understanding from the Peacock announcement but i subsequently got an email that I would have free Peacock for 2 more years because of my Comcast internet service.
Interesting. I have Xfinity internet service but not Xfinity cable, only Xfinity Flex, which is basically a huge suite of apps. The email I got had nothing about any free Peacock.

Interesting. I have Xfinity internet service but not Xfinity cable, only Xfinity Flex, which is basically a huge suite of apps. The email I got had nothing about any free Peacock.
Maybe it’s because I also still have cable. But email stated “Your gig-speed internet from Xfinity now includes Peacock Premium at no extra cost for two years through June 25, 2025. No action is required, so stream away.”

Still doesn't make sense. Peacock has lost already something like $600M in startup costs. One could add back an ad-supported portal, but instead Comcast starts over? Left hand meet right hand.

Still doesn't make sense. Peacock has lost already something like $600M in startup costs. One could add back an ad-supported portal, but instead Comcast starts over? Left hand meet right hand.

Comcast is failing at the Internet streaming business. Peacock has 22 million subscribers compared to Netflix's 232 million and Disney's 158 million. Even Paramount+ has 60 million subscribers. They are stuck in the whole "go one direction, fail, then go a different path, fail again, and then do something else" hoping one of their pivots leads to success.

i wouldn't be surprise if Streaming goes the full "Bundle" route in 5 years since it's now going full basic cable, complete with the real reason why people cut the cord to begin with and that is increasing prices, it will be a matter of time before these streaming platforms roll out a "new customer introductionary fee" where new customers get a cheap price and they get to lock it in for 2 to 3 years, just like Cable/Satellite for decades.

streaming has become a new way for media companies to price gouge the customers in this way after the fact they pretty much contributed to cable/satellite TV's decline for using those same tactics but this time, they don't need the middle man to rob people over (as the cable/satellite providers were the middle men).

Comcast is failing at the Internet streaming business. Peacock has 22 million subscribers compared to Netflix's 232 million and Disney's 158 million. Even Paramount+ has 60 million subscribers. They are stuck in the whole "go one direction, fail, then go a different path, fail again, and then do something else" hoping one of their pivots leads to success.
Yeah - Success in FINALLY KILLING the Peacock

Back
Top Bottom