• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NBC Sports Yanks Mike Milbury After On-Air Quip About Women as Distraction

https://www.thewrap.com/nbc-sports-...-quip-about-women-as-distractions-to-players/

NBC Sports Pundit yanked for his rant.

NBC Sports NHL analyst Mike Milbury has been benched for the night after making a remark about women being a disruption to players’ “concentration” during the hockey season.

During Thursday’s New York Islanders vs. Washington Capitals game, Milbury’s TV partner John Forslund spoke glowingly about the NHL “bubble” as being a “terrific environment” for hockey players.

“If you think about it, it’s a terrific environment with regards to– if you enjoy playing and enjoy being with your teammates for long periods of time, it’s a perfect place,” Forslund said.

He was suspended for that?!?!? That's nothing.

Jimmy Piersall said:
I think each ballclub should have a clinic once a week for the wives. I don't think they know what baseball is. First of all, they were horny broads who wanted to get married. They wanted a little money, they want a little security, and a big, strong looking ballplayer. I traveled, I played, I got a load of them broads, too.

Now that's non-PC sexist commentary!

Meanwhile Stephen A. Smith believes it's important for women to be brought into the NBC bubble for "conjugal" visits. And no one objected to that:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/espns-stephen-a-smith-nba-bubble-conjugal-visits/

My coach used to have a rule that there could be no sex on game day. He would have been fired today.

I assume you meant to type NBA, not NBC. Anyway, Stephen A. said the same thing on ESPN Radio the day after details of the bubble were released. You're right, no complaints about an African American male commenting on the sexual needs of other (largely) African American males, despite the frequent derogatory stereotyping of African American males as having oversized sex drives going back a couple of centuries in this country.

Why? For giving his opinion....or experience?

I never made it to a professional (or even higher level amateur ) career but I saw it in spades from junior high school sports through high school. Introduce a female into the locker room heads of virtually any sport (except perhaps cross country) and you are bound to stir up some sort of reaction - some good and some not so good.

While I don't always agree with Milbury or Grapes either I enjoy their perspectives because it goes a bunch further than my own. You don't have to believe anything or everything he says. Use your own filters.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom